Bank tellers work in financial institutions where their job is to manage routine financial transactions. They need to possess at least a high school diploma or GED in order to obtain a job offer.
As this is a highly skilled position, people seeking an entry-level position as a bank teller will need to ensure that they make an excellent first impression when creating a bank teller resume.
How to Write a Compelling Resume to Apply for a Bank Teller Job With No Experience in Hand?
Follow the 4 tips below in order to write a near-perfect entry-level cover letter for a bank teller:
- Introduce your related knowledge and skills to prospective employers.
- Write only relevant information that supports your suitability as a perfect bank teller.
- Give information about your relevant education and training.
- Mention any internship or apprenticeship experience.
The sample below will help you craft an exceptional resume.
Entry-Level Bank Teller Resume With No Experience (Sample 1)
529 Fisherking Drive, 66663
Passionate and driven; Poised to work hard and go beyond the employer’s expectations.
To obtain a position as a Bank Teller at the Bank of America. Bringing customer service skills, training in cash handling, and the ability to provide direct customer service effectively.
AS Degree in Accounting and Finance
Richmond City College – Las Vegas, NV
- Able to count cash speedily and accurately.
- Good understanding of specialized banking tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks and exchanging foreign currency.
- Functional knowledge of receiving and verifying loan payments and utility bill payments.
- Solid know-how in recording transactions promptly and in compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent comprehension of balancing currency, cash, and checks.
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Customer service
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Stress toleration
- Judgment and problem solving
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- MS Outlook
- Email and Internet
- Basic math skills
HSBC – Las Vegas, NV
Jun 2022 – Nov 2022
- Assisted in counting the cash in the drawer at the start of the shift
- Accepted checks, cash, and other forms of payment from customers
- Answered questions from customers regarding their accounts
- Assisted in the preparation of specialized types of funds, such as payment orders and traveler’s checks
Member of the school business club
Member of the school baseball team
President of the school drama club
Performed Big Sister duties at the Children’s Hospital.
Entry Level Bank Teller Resume No Experience (Sample 2)
440 Lincoln Street
East Hanover, NJ 07936-1080
Strong academic background in accounting, coupled with a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
Friendly and approachable Bank Teller seeking a position with ABC Bank. Enthusiastic about creating a positive first impression by using my knowledge of cash handling, customer service, and banking products. Able to understand the concerns of others and practice the “listen-first” policy. Recognized for defusing tense situations and anticipating others’ needs before expression.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Hanover College – Hanover, IN | 2022
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Special talent for payments processing payments and cash handling
- Complete knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong clerical skills
- Able to organize and implement group activities
- MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Internet and Email
- Proficient in mathematics, arithmetic, and statistics
WinCo Foods – Hillsboro, OR
1/2022 – 3/2022
- Provided fast and friendly customer service
- Operated check-stand equipment: cash register, scanner, and scale to process customer orders
- Engaged in suggestive selling
- Processed monetary transactions including Cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers’ checks, food stamps, coupons, and refunds
Customer Service Volunteer
ABC Company, Hillsboro, OR
3/2022 – 4/2022
- Provided exceptional services to the project group in selling t-shirts
- Enhanced sales through effective interpersonal skills
Hanover Business Club, Hillsboro, OR
1/2021 – 12/2021
- Managed club budget
- Allocated funds appropriately
Excellent professional references are available.