Bank tellers work in financial institutions where their job is to manage routine financial transactions.
They need to possess at least a high school diploma or GED in order to obtain employment.
Since this is a highly skilled position, people seeking an entry-level position as a bank teller will need to ensure that they make an excellent first impression when creating a resume.
See also: Bank Teller Objectives
529 Fisherking Drive, 66663
(505) 555-5555, Email
To obtain a position as a Bank Teller at the Bank of America utilizing skills and training in cash handling and ability to provide direct customer services effectively.
Richmond City College – Las Vegas, NV | 2017
AS in Accounting and Finance
• Able to count cash speedily and accurately
• Good understanding of specialized banking tasks such as preparing cashier’s checks and exchanging foreign currency
• Functional knowledge of receiving and verifying loan payments and utility bill payments
• Solid know-how of recording transactions promptly and in compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures
• Excellent comprehension of balancing currency, cash, and checks
• Customer services
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Stress toleration
• Judgment and problem solving
• MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• MS Outlook
• Email and Internet
• Basic math skills
HSBC – Las Vegas, NV | Summer 2018
• Assisted in counting the cash in the drawer at the start of shift
• Accepted checks, cash, and other forms of payment from customers
• Answered questions from customers regarding their accounts
• Assisted in preparation of specialized types of funds, such as pay orders and traveler’s checks
• Member of the school business club
• Member of the school baseball team
• President of the school drama club
• Performed Big Sister duties at the Children’s Hospital during the summer of 2010