A refund specialist ensures that clients or patients are reimbursed the amounts owed to them and insurance companies are also given back what they are owed in terms of payments.
How do you make sure that you write a Refund Specialist resume that will be accepted easily? You use a format like the one provided below:
Refund Specialist Resume Example
19 65th Street, Griffin, GA 28441
Highly skilled refund specialist with 13+ years’ successful track record in determining due amounts from clients’ accounts and processing them quickly and efficiently. Proficient in creating and maintaining effective liaison with patients and insurance companies, aimed at providing them with high-quality refund services. Ability to evaluate refund requests, and credit balances to assess whether refunds are applicable or not.
• Successfully refunded 250 patients within one working day, as part of a marathon refund program.
• Implemented a novel data entry system, which took 85% less time than before.
• Introduced an efficient refund calculation system, replacing the old inefficient one.
• Reconciled a particularly stubborn entry, which had been in limbo for over 3 weeks.
|• Refund Calculation||• Data Entry||• Payment Strategies|
|• Payer Research||• Account Analysis||• Insurance Liaison|
|• Daily Funds Reconciliation||• A/R Postings||• Bad Debt Handling|
|• Trends Identification||• Data Analysis||• Recommendations|
Sava Healthcare, Griffin, GA 2012-present
• Review requests for refunds on a daily basis, ensuring that they are complete and accurate in the information they provide.
• Submit refund requests to the billing department, aimed at obtaining daily approvals.
• Compile, check, and send necessary documentation to the accounts department for refund check processing.
• Ensure that all refund checks are handed to patients or insurance company billing departments promptly.
• Compile refunds information, and place it in reports, for submission to the management.
• Audit patients’ accounts to ensure that the correct credit has been processed.
• Ensure that any discrepancies or problems are resolved quickly before they impact the account.
• Respond to requests for information regarding outstanding payments and reimbursement timelines.
North Medical Centre, Griffin, GA 2005-2012
• Examined patients’ accounts to determine any overpayments in them, and created correlating reports.
• Calculated amounts that needed to be paid back to customers and insurance companies.
• Worked with accounts department personnel to communicate owed amounts in different accounts.
• Follow-up with the accounts department to ensure delivery of checks to patients and insurance companies.
• Ensured that all payments were properly documented, according to specified instructions.
Associate of Science in Accounting
Griffin Technical Colege, Griffin, GA