As far as hiring managers are concerned, one Patient Registrar’s resume is usually very much like another – unless the applicant has bothered to make it different. If you want your resume to be a cut above the rest. Take a look at the following great example before you write one:
Best Sample Resume for Patient Registrar Position
70 Cole Lane, Leslie, GA 64012
gary.holden @email . com
Over 7 years of experience in gathering, sorting, and organizing patient demographics, for a busy medical facility. Skilled in communicating with medical staff in a bid to aid patient care and processing. Effectively verifies and enters patient information, including insurance, eligibility, and demographics. Familiar with collecting and posting co-payments, and other out of pocket expenses from patients. Adept at performing admitting duties, including explaining various forms, such as patient rights and medical releases
• Introduced a novel patient registration system, which was 85% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Devised a patient verification system, leading to decreased time in verifying patients’ eligibility.
• Successfully had over 500 claims paid within a week’s time, through effective liaison with insurance companies on the panel.
• Created a patient registration form, replacing the old one that had redundant fields in it.
Mercy Health, Leslie, GA
5/2014 – Present
• Greet patients and their families as they arrive at the facility, and inquire into their purpose of visit.
• Provide information regarding available services at the facility.
• Take and record patient information into predefined facility systems.
• Verify patient information such as age, name, and medical histories before entering them into the system.
• Obtain and verify insurance coverage information, and provide patients with information on any co-pays that may need to be managed.
• Disperse admission information to various departments, ensuring that they are kept in the loop.
• Suggest physicians or surgeons that may be able to do justice to patients’ requirements.
• Ensure that all records and files are confidentially and accurately updated and maintained.
Front Desk Officer
The Medical Facility, Leslie, GA
11/2009 – 5/2014
• Welcomes patients at the front desk, and provided them with information on the facility’s services.
• Directed patients and families to the right departments or personnel.
• Responded to inquiries over the telephone and in person, ensuring that facility protocol was kept in mind.
• Assisted patient registration staff in creating and maintaining patients’ records.
• Ensured the confidentiality and integrity of all records and files pertaining to patients and procedures.
Leslie High School, Leslie, GA – 2008
High School Diploma
✓ Admission Handling
✓ Demographics Obtainment
✓ Patient Scheduling
✓ Patient Direction
✓ Insurance Liaison
✓ Payment Processing
✓ Inquiry Handling
✓ Schedules Maintenance
✓ Information Verification
✓ Rooms Assignment
✓ Data Entry
✓ Nursing Staff Contact