A resume is never complete if it does not provide the exact information that a hiring manager needs.
You may deem it a “thoroughly written document” because of the time and effort that you have put into it, but if the information in it isn’t relevant, you need to redo the whole bit.
Start on the right foot.
Take a look at the following resume sample for reference purposes:
Word Processing Operator Resume Example
381 Washington Avenue, Elkton, VA 12001
jamie.jenk @ email . com
WORD PROCESSING OPERATOR
Organized, resourceful Word Processing Operator with 6 years of extensive experience in analyzing and routing incoming word processing tasks to appropriate resources for completion. Proven ability to complete a high volume of documentation production projects, with special focus on deadlines and quality.
Efficiently compiles, types and edits documents such as reports, records, forms, meeting minutes and technical material. Meticulous and competent, able to follow instructions precisely in fast-paced and busy environments.
Proficient in proofreading documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting errors. Enjoy working collaboratively to attain the goals of company.
|✓ Data Storage Solutions||✓ Graphics Liaison|
|✓ Data Inputting||✓ Research & Analysis|
|✓ Technical Material Handling||✓ Records Confidentiality|
|✓ Master Copies Preparation||✓ Proofreading|
|✓ Priority Ratings||✓ Correspondence Preparation|
|✓ Document Scanning||✓ Character Recognition Systems|
RR Donnelly, Elkton, VA | 5/2013 – Present
Word Processing Operator
• Look through provided data to determine the best way to process it into an electronic form
• Organize information according to specified instructions, ensuring that it is ready for processing
• Key original materials into specified word processing applications , typing from printed copies and Dictaphones
• Ascertain that all information keyed into the system is accurate and complete, and change anything that may seem off
• Operate equipment such as scanners and printers to assist in word processing work
• Proofread each posted / entered document to ensure that any missing information is included
• Perform revisions on entered information, updating documents as per instructions
• Establish and maintain logs of tapes, discs and other storage materials in a confidential manner
• Introduced a character recognition program, which decreased data entry time by 75%.
• Implemented a new proofreading system, which was 50% more accurate than the one already in place.
• Oversaw a novel data storage system, which was considered to be exceptionally 65% more confidential than the one currently in use.
• Increased the confidentiality of processed information, by suggesting metrics to keep data safe from unauthorized personnel.
The Greer Group Inc., Elkton, VA | 2/2011 – 5/2013
• Gathered information from different departments to be keyed into predefined databases
• Performed data entry work, ensuring that all information is accurately and completely keyed in
• Handled correspondence such as letters, memos and internal communications according to provided instructions
• Operated and maintained office equipment such as printers, scanners and photocopiers, in support of the clerical staff
• Manned the front desk during rush hours, operating switchboards and passing on messages and telephone calls
Elkton High School, Elkton, VA – 2011
High School Diploma
Member of City Clerks Association of Virginia