A medical scribe is an assistant to a doctor, who provides clerical and administrative help so that the physician can concentrate on care. The main work of a person working as a medical scribe is to gather patient information and organize it in a manner that meets procedure and protocol.
Reaching out to a hiring manager through the Medical Scribe resume is important.
But it can only be done if the resume is well-structured.
Here is a sample for you to go through:
Medical Scribe Resume Example
523 Port Road, Rockville, MD73829
Medical scribe, with extensive experience in handling electronic health records systems to ensure smooth operations of a doctor’s office. Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures by following protocols. Deeply familiar with documenting physical examination findings and procedures as performed by the physician.
• Trained 15 other medical scribes in handling EHR systems, as part of their induction program.
• Introduced the concept of patient education intervention, making it easy for patients to determine the type of care they will be provided.
• Implemented a unique records keeping system, within the EHR, which proved to be 50% more efficient than the one already being used.
• Successfully handled over 100 intakes in one day, during a particularly busy day at work.
|EHR Systems Handling||Documentation||Records Keeping|
|Transcription||Prescriptions Management||Intake Handling|
|Diagnosis Listing||Information Verification||Compliance Standards|
|Patient Education||First Tier Support||Research|
Imperial Health, Rockville, MD 2010 – Present
• Accompany physicians to each patient, and assist in documenting visits.
• Ensure that the information is accurately punched into the EHR system.
• Retrieve patient data from the system upon request, after verifying the authority of the requester.
• Assist physicians by performing intake activities to determine patients’ histories and demographics.
• Document procedures and treatments performed by physicians and nurses.
• Educate patients about different processes and diagnosis, and explain the risks and benefits associated with medical procedures.
• Prepare referral letters for patients to obtain additional or coordinated care, as directed by the physician.
• Collect, organize, and catalog data for physicians, and develop and maintain systems to track patient follow-up.
Medical Scribe Assistant
Roots Care, Rockville, MD 2006 – 2010
• Greeted patients as they arrived at the hospital and inquired into their appointment statuses.
• Scheduled appointments for patients on the phone, in person, and through email.
• Ensured that patients were provided with initial information about the doctor, and any procedures that they were scheduled for.
• Assisted patients in filling out intake forms, and obtained and verified insurance information.
• Ensured that the front desk and waiting areas were kept clean and sanitized at all times.
A.S. Medical Transcribing
Rockville Technical College, Rockville, MD