As an auto mechanic, you can communicate with prospective employers on many levels. And communication at each of these levels is of great importance.
The first level is usually the most important as it sets the stage for the rest. The resume is the first step in reaching out to a hiring authority to provide information of who you are and what you can do.
Crafting an auto mechanic resume that a hiring manager will want to read is challenging. But then nothing good ever came without challenges, so it is time to face up to them.
The two most important things of an auto mechanic resume are focus and conciseness. Here is how you can write a resume by incorporating both.
Auto Mechanic Resume Sample
610 Marengo Avenue | La Mesa, CA 96300 | (000) 858-4741 | raywalker @ email . com
Top producing Auto Mechanic with 11 years of extensive experience in delivering first-rate results by diagnosing and repairing engines, air conditioning, brakes, electrical systems, suspension and transmission systems. Documented success in reassembling, testing, cleaning and adjusting repaired or replaced parts and assemblies by using various instruments. Dynamic performer with the ability to provide exceptional customer service to vehicle owners.
Professional Skills & Competencies
|– Engine Tuning||– Preventative Maintenance||– Malfunction Diagnosis|
|– Vehicle Inspection||– Electrical Systems Repair||– Suspension Alignment|
|– Brake Repairing||– Engine Overhauling||– Safety Compliance|
|– Engine Dismantling||– Diagnostic Equipment||– Customer Service|
AVIS BUDGET GROUP, La Mesa, CA | 6/2007 to Present
• Meet vehicle owners to determine problems with their vehicles
• Inspect vehicles to determine causes of problems and provide clients with feedback
• Determine the most plausible ways of handling vehicle problems and provide clients with information on the time and cost involved
• Fit and operate special test equipment to calibrate engines or to determine core issues
• Repair or replace worn out or faulty part by ensuring that assemblies are properly removed
• Reassemble parts and components and test them to ensure that they are in proper working order
• Perform engine tuning duties using special equipment and ensure that fine adjustments are made for smooth running
• Handle minor body repairs on vehicles that have been in accidents
Key Results and Accomplishments
• Trained new mechanics in the use of sophisticated diagnostic equipment, reducing 56% diagnostics time
• Introduced an auto transmission calibration instrument, which increased calibration accuracy by 40%
ASPIRE, La Mesa, CA | 11/2005 to 6/2007
• Provided support in inspecting vehicles to determine causes of problems
• Assisted in dismantling and overhauling gasoline and diesel engines
• Aligned wheels, adjusted brakes and performed needed electrical adjustments
• Performed scheduled preventative maintenance and maintained records of orders and completed tasks
• Ascertained the overall cleanliness and maintenance of work and storage areas
Key Results and Accomplishments
• Overhauled a diesel engine overnight, just in time for its long haul to another state early the next morning
• Implemented a series of vehicle inspection procedures which streamlined problem research issues
La Mesa Technical College, La Mesa, CA | 2002
AAS Degree in Automotive Technology
Coursework: Engine Repair ~ Electronics & Electrical Systems ~ Steering and Suspension ~ Brake Systems ~ Heating and Air ~ Engine Performance
California State Class B Commercial Driver License (“CDL”)