Showcasing your words is the prime function of a domestic violence advocate resume.
Pay plenty of attention to what your resume looks like so that it feels to the hiring manager that he is being presented with a guided tour.
A resume sample for domestic violence associate position is provided below to help you along.
88 Yates Road | Horseheads, NY 58123 | (000) 475-5412 | janiceroland @ email . com
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE
Industrious, successful, practical and competent domestic violence advocate with extensive experience in providing advocacy services and support to survivors of relationship violence. Qualified to provide crises line, office and house coverage to help survivors reach their rehabilitation goals. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Competent in establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship with court personnel, probation departments and victim witness offices
• Exceptionally talented at providing ongoing advocacy and support. Follow-up and referrals to survivors or domestic violence
• Proven record of effectively providing long and short-term counseling to victims of domestic and sexual abuse
• Deep insight into providing information, high risk screening and accompaniment to victims of domestic violence
|✓ Needs Identification||✓ Strategic Planning||✓ Advocacy|
|✓ Outreach Programs||✓ Counseling||✓ Records Maintenance|
|✓ Relationship Building||✓ Conflict Management||✓ Intake Handling|
|✓ Counseling Services||✓ Women’s Issues||✓ Crises Intervention|
Grace Corner, Horseheads, NY | 2012 – Present
Domestic Violence Advocate
• Effectively create and maintain a list of details of clients that require intervention and crises handling
• Assess each case to determine its severity and create correlating notes and plans to proceed
• Interview clients to determine their sides of the story and engage them in conversation to earn their trust
• Provide crises intervention, conduct safety planning and assist victims in securing resources to increase their security
• Accompany clients to court, shelters or community services office on predefined dates and times
• Coordinate linkages to external and internal resources to address barriers to move individuals to safety and self-sufficiency
• Develop and maintain case management processes ensuring that all program requirements are documented and maintained
• Provide crises intervention in tricky situations, aiming to ensure safety and wellbeing of clients
• Singlehandedly managed a complex domestic violence case, which 3 other case workers had been unsuccessful in bringing to fruition
• Successfully identified a child abuse case, within a battery case, ensuring immediate safety of both woman and child involved
Brigham Services, Horseheads, NY | 2007 – 2012
• Interviewed victims of domestic violence to determine the nature of their problems
• Provided information regarding available services and resources to victims
• Assisted victims in acquiring services by leading and guiding them through different avenues
• Wrote reports regarding services and counseling provided and external assistance acquired
• Created and maintained records of information regarding victims in an accurate and confidential manner
• Conducted over 30 seminars on women’s issues, urging women to come forward and report their abusers.
• Developed and implemented scores of outreach programs to help bring victims and services together.
New York State University, Horseheads, NY – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services