Hospital volunteers are usually unpaid individuals who work in hospitals to gain hands-on experience.
Most hospital volunteers eventually build a career in the healthcare field, which is why they get extensive training before they can apply for this position.
Their training may include primary patient care, taking vitals, and providing patients with emotional support.
They are also expected to perform clerical duties such as maintaining records and handling the hospital’s front desk and telephone exchange.
Writing a Hospital Volunteer Resume can be a bit overwhelming. The lack of experience and skills can leave candidates somewhat confused about what to write.
However, this is not a problem if you organize the information in your resume as per the hospital volunteer job description provided by the employer.
The following sample will help you in building a great resume for a hospital volunteer position.
Sample Resume for Hospital Volunteer Position
190 Junction Street
Fort Collins, CO 88999
Seeking a Hospital Volunteer position at South Nassau Communities Hospital. Bringing exceptional enthusiasm to take and follow instructions in a busy healthcare environment. A fast learner.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Substantial knowledge of carrying out the patient and facility support operations
• Committed to performing an array of clerical and direct patient support tasks
• Adept at observing changes in patients’ health conditions
• Well versed in maintaining the facility’s sanitation standards
Certified Hospital Volunteer
Fort Collins Medical School, Fort Collins, CO
High School Diploma
Fort Collins High School, Fort Collins, CO
Family Health Hospital, Fort Collins, CO
May 2020 – Aug 2020
• Assisted patients with grooming and feeding activities
• Took and recorded vital information
• Escorted patients to and from procedure rooms
• Accompanied patients to and from activities
Community Club, Fort Collins, CO
Jan 2020 – May 2020
• Ensured that the participants’ academic progress was above par
• Provided both emotional and physical support
• Acted as a mentor by teaching leadership and responsibility
• Encourage and escort Little Brother to activities and sports
• Able to remain articulate and alert at all times
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Familiar with medical terminology
• In-depth knowledge of medical procedures
• A highly organized individual who is committed to excellence
• Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
• Capable of imparting information to patients and families