A surgical technologist’s resume must always begin with an objective statement. But writing a good surgical technologist resume objective is not the easiest of things to do.
An objective is typically a short statement that comes at the very beginning of your resume.
Many resumes do not hold objectives, making them empty documents with no direction.
Sometimes, hiring managers do not have the desire or opportunity to go through an entire resume and rely heavily on the objective statement to understand what an applicant is capable of doing. Therefore, it is important that resume objectives hold the information about skills that are required by hiring managers specifically.
Here are some examples of resume objectives for a surgical technologist position to help you:
Sample Objectives for Surgical Technologist Resume
Experienced Surgical Technologist Objectives
1. To contribute to Florida Hospital in the capacity of a Surgical Technologist. Bringing 3 years of hands-on experience in facilitating surgeons and setting up sterile environments to ensure patient safety and well-being.
2. Looking for a position as a Surgical Technologist at Mayo Clinic. Bringing expertise in anticipating the needs of surgeons during procedures, sterilizing and passing instruments, and operating surgical equipment.
3. Seeking a position as a Surgical Technologist at Memorial Herrmann. Offering a 6-plus-year verifiable track record of ensuring sterile techniques before, during, and after surgeries. Ability to prevent patients from acquiring surgical site infections.
4. To work for Centennial Surgery Center as a Surgical Technologist where my skills in creating and maintaining sterile surgical units will be used to ensure appropriate patient positioning and post-care management.
5. To obtain employment as a Surgical Technologist at Hawaii Pacific Health. Enthusiastic to use my proficiencies in applying electrosurgical grounding pads and monitors and assisting surgeons by handling instruments, caring for specimens, and helping transport patients to recovery rooms.
6. A position as a Surgical Technologist at Allina Health. Excited to leverage my expertise in preparing operative suites for surgical cases by efficiently checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments.
7. Highly experienced Surgical Technologist with over 10 years of exposure to preparing operating rooms for surgery, and sterilizing equipment, ensuring that patients and surgical teams are provided with required services. Presently looking for a position at Children’s Health.
8. Seeking a position as a Surgical Technologist at ABC Hospital, utilizing exceptional skills in preparing, organizing, and anticipating needed instruments, supplies, and equipment, aimed at safe patient care and operative procedures.
9. Strong desire to obtain employment as a Surgical Technologist at Oregon Health Services. Leveraging expertise in maintaining the sterile field throughout surgical procedures to assist the surgical team with all activities.
10. Uniquely qualified Surgical Technologist with over 7 years of experience. Seeking a position at Medical City to apply well-placed proficiencies in setting up sterile fields, and operating room tables, with proper instruments, equipment, and supplies.
Entry Level Surgical Technologist Objectives No Experience
11. To obtain a position as a Surgical Technologist at Adventist Health. Providing the benefit of adeptness in helping surgeons and assistants with their scrubs, and setting up and breaking down sterile tables.
12. Looking for a challenging Surgical Technologist position to help ensure that the operating room environment is safe and equipment functions properly to maximize patient safety.
Each resume for surgical technologists (particularly for entry-level and career changers) needs to have an objective specifically written for a prospective employer.
Surgical technologist objectives are unique statements that give direction to your resume and set the path for the information that you provide in the rest of the document.
That cannot be done without an objective statement as they provide a great insight into your passion – both an individual and a professional.