The cover letter has evolved to become an imperative part of every job application. It is an important document and must be written very carefully.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter for Mining Engineer Position?
A mining engineer cover letter is a short letter sent with the resume when applying for a job. Ideally, your cover letter must serve the following functions:
- Introduce you as the perfect candidate
- Explain your reason for applying for the job
- Relate your candidacy with the vacancy
- Match your skills against the employer’s needs
- Communicate the value you will be adding to the prospective company
Remember, the space on your cover letter is highly precious and limited. Utilize it to showcase your skills and potential in a personalized manner, instead of repeating what your resume already states.
Below is a well-written sample cover letter for a mining engineer position.
Sample Cover Letter for Mining Engineer Position
281 Hillside Lane
Peoria, IL 89404
jason @ email . com
May 1, 2021
Mr. Michael Gilchrist
88 Fountain Avenue
Peoria, IL 89404
Dear Mr. Gilchrist:
It is with great enthusiasm and interest that I submit my application for the mining engineer position at DMC Mines. As a graduate of the American Institute of Engineering, with over six years of hands-on experience in mine mapping, design development, and project implementation, I am confident that my diverse skills and expertise in the field will make me a valuable asset.
The following are qualifications I would bring in the role of a mining engineer:
- Well-versed in extraction mine planning and presentation using a 3D drawing software
- Apt at operating various mine related tools, machinery, and equipment effectively
- Track record of ensuring miners’ health by designing safety-oriented and amply ventilated mining projects
- Full command over conducting geological soil analysis prior to mining plan implementation
- Proven ability to maintain effective communication channels with managers and employees
As you will note in my enclosed resume, I have built my career upwards over the past few years by dint of hard work and commitment and bring firsthand experience in resolving underground ventilation, scaffolding, and mine blasting-related issues. I believe that this practice coupled with my familiarity with the OSHA-issued workplace safety guidelines will prove to be particularly useful for your coal mining project that is in the pipeline.
I would like to meet with you in person in order to prove my candidacy. Please call me now at (000) 956-6565 to schedule an interview; I am available when you are. Thank you for your time and consideration.