One of the key elements of a winning house cleaner resume is the skills section.
But identifying our employability skills is often riddled with uncertainties.
However, it is important to improve your chances of impressing a hiring manager by clearly spelling out your skills.
While you do not really need to place your skills grouped under a section, the following groups will help you identify them:
• Listening and speaking clearly
• Writing appropriately for different types of audiences
• Negotiating effectively and indulging in persuasive efforts when needed
• Understanding customers’ needs and establishing meaningful relationships with them
• Proposing ideas and sharing information appropriately
Planning and Organizing Skills
• Establishing clear and achievable goals and deliverables
• Defining project specifications and quality standards clearly
• Handling risk planning and contingency planning properly
• Managing tasks and people effectively
• Collecting and organizing information after effectively analyzing it
• Working effectively with people of different ages, genders, and backgrounds
• Identifying the strengths of team members
• Clarifying team goals and demonstrating leadership
• Motivating, coaching and mentoring coworkers
• Resolving differences in opinion in an objective manner
• Sharing knowledge and learning with people at the workplace
• Using a range of mediums to learn including mentoring, peer support and networking
• Being open to new ideas and techniques and willing to learn both off and on the job
If you decide to pick a skill from any of the ones stated above, make sure that it relates to your job description. For a house cleaner, the following skills mentioned in a resume will suffice:
Sample Skills for House Cleaner Resume
• Skilled in cleaning residential buildings and units by safely using a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Proficient in sweeping, scrubbing and mopping floors with special attention paid to ensuring that no marks or dents are administered.
• Adept at cleaning carpets, rugs, and drapes using sophisticated vacuum cleaners and associated cleaning equipment.
• First-hand experience in operating mechanized cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaners, blowers, and floor polishing equipment.
• Demonstrated expertise in performing maintenance on household equipment such as cooking ranges, washing machines, and dishwashers.
• Able to clean and sanitize bathrooms by using an amalgamation of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Deep insight into clearing debris.
• Able to shovel snow from porches and walkways.
• Proven record of efficiently making and turning beds, focusing on the overall neatness and cleanliness of the room.
• Excellent skills in handling washing and iron duties
• Ability to run errands such as paying bills and performing grocery shopping.