A caregiver assists disabled or elderly clients in performing personal care and household tasks and running errands. Caregivers usually care for clients in their homes or assisted living facilities.
To get the job as a caregiver, you have to prepare an eye-catching resume in order to persuade the employer to call you for an interview.
A well-crafted resume for caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective/profile, core competencies/qualifications, experience, accomplishments, and education.
Following are some standard duties of a caregiver which might be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
Caregiver Job Description and Duties for Resume
• Help clients or residents with the activities of daily living.
• Perform personal care tasks such as hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting, and shaving.
• Talk with clients, give them companionship while participating in resident activities.
• Prepare nutritious meals and snacks for clients.
• Provide transfers assistance by moving clients in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or cars.
• Change bed linens, clean and iron laundry and assist in keeping room, cabinet, and dresser drawers neat and clean.
• Maintain a specialized approach to responsibilities such as uniform, start times and absenteeism.
• Take and record vital signs.
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment.
• Help with sanitation and housekeeping tasks of client’s room, bathroom, and common areas.
• Perform general household tasks including laundry, shopping, errands, and transportation.
• Implement and support resident-care plans.