Caregivers usually care for clients in their homes or assisted living facilities. They assist disabled or elderly clients in performing personal care and household tasks and running errands.
To get the job as a caregiver, you have to prepare an eye-catching resume in order to persuade the employer to call you for an interview.
A well-crafted resume for caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective/profile, core competencies/qualifications, experience, accomplishments, and education.
The following are some standard duties of a caregiver which might be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
Caregiver Job Description and Duties for Resume
• Help clients or residents with the activities of daily living.
• Perform personal care tasks such as hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting, and shaving.
• Talk with clients, give them companionship while participating in resident activities.
• Prepare nutritious meals and snacks for clients.
• Provide transfers assistance by moving clients in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or cars.
• Change linens, clean and iron laundry, and assist in the keeping room, cabinet, and dresser drawers neat and clean.
• Maintain a functional approach to responsibilities such as uniform, start times, and absenteeism.
• Take and record vital signs.
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment.
• Help with sanitation and housekeeping tasks of the client’s room, bathroom, and common areas.
• Perform general household tasks, including laundry, shopping, errands, and transportation.
• Communicate with clients in a friendly manner.
• Implement and support resident-care plans.
• Provide companionship to elderly and disabled clients.
• Accompany clients to community activities and events.
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan.
• Treat and care for seniors and their property with respect and dignity.
• Remind medication and appointments.
• Provided Alzheimer’s care when needed.
Sample Caregiver Skills
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Known to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Able to lift heavy loads
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Personal Support Worker Certification
- First Aid and CPR