An application support analyst is hired specifically to provide application maintenance and support services to users. The work of an application support analyst is complex and is usually performed in sync with the work of a business systems support analyst. To work at this position, one has to possess a degree in computer sciences – a business major within CS may be helpful in providing you deeper insight of this work.
Working as an application support analyst means that you will need to be highly analytic and observant. Since you will be spending a great deal of time with people from different departments, it is important for you to be a people person. The skills and experience that you will need in order to work successfully as an application support analyst include good time management abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional information technology troubleshooting abilities, deep insight into networking technologies and protocols, and competencies in web configuration.
Excellent analytic and problem solving skills, practical experience of technology such as Windows Server, SQL Server and IIS and networking are also important in this work. In addition to this, prior experience in dealing with support cases is usually considered a virtue when applying for the job of an application support analyst. Here are some duties that a person working at this position will be expected to perform:
• Support, optimize and customize integration and data analysis software by making good use of required technologies
• Manage cases, requests and enhancements using specific tools and processes
• Create, develop and enhance the company’s information technology systems, ensuring minimum downtime
• Work with both internal and external vendors to support and implement applications using standard tools and operational frameworks
• Ascertain that database applications operate within an information technology system that is safe, secure and resilient against internal and external threats
• Set up appropriate security protocols for applications and ensure that they are maintained across the company’s platform
• Deliver support to existing users, by investigating and resolving application errors and data discrepancies
• Develop and maintain customizations for in-house websites and ensure that they are constantly up and running
• Identify and propose application system changes and provide enhancements and developments by liaising with appropriate vendors and the information technology teams
• Monitor progress of requests for support by ensuring that all involved parties are kept connected for progress updates
• Identify and develop enhancements and functionality changes and develop and test appropriate correlating codes
Last updated on