A Resident Care Aide (RCA) help residents with activities of everyday living (ADLs).
They act as a front-line responder for urgent situations that ensures resident and building security.
They need to demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills, real compassion, and an aspiration to work as a member of a team to improve quality of life of residents.
The following resume example for resident care aide is suitable for experienced as well as new job seekers.
This sample shows compassionate characteristics and strengths of the candidate.
When writing your resume, don’t forget to mention that you are a calm and compassionate professional who is capable of observing and reporting complete information.
See also: Resident Care Aide Cover Letter
Resident Care Aide Resume Sample
33 Highland Street, Neenah, WI 21401
RESIDENT CARE AIDE
Compassionate, energetic and friendly Resident Care Aide with 7+ years’ experience in creating a home-like environment for residents while ensuring their safety. Track record of meeting resident’s individual physical, medical, and dietary needs. In-depth knowledge of resident care principles and practices.
• CNA Certified
• Well versed in assisting residents with ADLs
• Performs duties in keeping with HIPAA guidelines
• Adept at administrating medicines
• Handled multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines
• Efficiently managed tricky issues while maintaining discretion
• Attended to the personal care needs of residents promptly
• Continually monitored the safety and well-being of residents
• Attained the Best Resident Aide Award – 2013
Resident Care Aide
Villa Saint Clare – Neenah, WI | Jan 2017 – Present
• Attend to the personal care requirements of residents in a compassionate manner
• Monitor the safety and comfort of residents
• Report changes in resident condition and health to the resident care manager
• Clean work areas, make beds and change linens
• Work with team members and assist them to perform tasks to meet planned timelines
• Participate in staff meetings
Resident Care Assistant
Unity Health System – Rochester, NY | May 2013 – Jan 2017
• Provided personal care to residents of different ages
• Assisted residents with their hygiene and cleanliness
• Dispensed and administered medication in keeping with the Department of Health (DOH) regulations
• Performed general housekeeping tasks
• Managed record of resident medication
• Attended and participated in staff meetings and training
High School Diploma
St. Louis Public School, Neenah, WI
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated expertise in general housekeeping tasks
• Flexible and adjustable
• Attention to detail