In your Armed Security Officer cover letter:
• Briefly explain the reason for sending the application instantly in your initial paragraph
• Do write about how you found out about the position
• Display your knowledge about the organization
• Give relevant details of your skills and past experiences
• Highlight qualifications as they correspond to the Armed Security officer’s job description
• Remember to include your contact details
• Proof read for any grammatical and spelling errors and do not depend solely on ‘spell-checks’
Refer to the following resume sample in order to get a better idea.
Cover Letter for Armed Security Officer Resume
1360 E 9th Street Suite 823.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Jan 10, 2013
Mr. Raymond Mills
AlliedBarton Security Services
1760 Market Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Dear Mr. Mills:
Being inspired by your eight core management values that I read in AlliedBarton Security Services’ previous year’s public annual report, I am writing to you to apply for the position of part-time (night shift) Armed Security Officer at the Philadelphia N4 zone. I learnt about the position opening in yesterday’s daily newspaper and was eager to research on your organization.
As mentioned in my resume, currently I am working for St. Moritz Security Services as a rotary eight hours morning shift armed security officer which gives me a good sixteen hour’s leisure time. I wish to utilize this time working part time at ABSS bringing you greater value through the following strong skills that I possess:
• Alertness —Demonstrated ability to point out unusual happenings before they actually occur, intuitively being sensitive to possible problematic situations and to identify/detect any strange figure, object, word or sound hidden in other distracting materials.
• Apt Vision — Proven ability to see surroundings’ detail at distances as well as at closer ranges.
• Excellent Communication — Able to effectively listen and understand information along with ability to speak clearly so others can understand me correctly.
• Selective Attention — Documented success in concentrating on a specific task for a long time without getting distracted.
• Logical Reasoning — Track record of applying general guidelines and rules to specific situations to solve problems easily.
I wish to put my skills, abilities, passion and energy working for AlliedBarton Security Services just as devotedly as I work in my current morning shift. I hope to get an interview opportunity for further discussing how my abilities match your requirements. My enclosed resume will give you further details regarding my security related skills and qualifications. If you need more details you can call me at (013) 456 – 7890. Thank you for your precious time and consideration.