Before writing a resume for a caregiving position, you should understand what the employers would like to read in a resume. A caregiver resume is a self-promotional document that summarizes a job seeker’s skills, qualifications, relevant experiences and education.
Due to growing competition in the caregiving arena, recruiters receive dozens of resumes for a single job posting. This means they do not have much time to read every resume in detail. For this reason, your resume will get only 10-20 seconds glance before its fate is decided.
Look at the following resume sample which will guide you how to write an exceptional resume for caregiver position.
Related: Cover Letter for Caregiver Resume
Caregiver Resume Sample
1025 8th Street ● Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
❖❖ CAREGIVER ❖❖
Known for dealing tactfully with people, showing patience and maintaining a pleasant environment for the clients of different backgrounds.
SUMMARY: Highly-dependable, nurturing caregiver with a compassionate nature and 8+ years’ extensive experience in providing prompt and friendly care to elderly and disabled clients. A warm-hearted individual who performs personal care activities in a compassionate and friendly manner that maximizes residents’ independence and dignity in a home-like environment. Eager to bring a difference in client’s everyday life.
• HHA Certified
• Current Alberta driver’s license and reliable vehicle with insurance
• Computer: Word, Excel, Email and Internet
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
|• Meal Preparation||• Ambulation||• Transportation|
|• Bath Assistance||• Personal Hygiene||• Housekeeping|
|• Laundry||• Record Keeping||• Errands Running|
|• Good Judgement||• Customer Service||• Emotionally Mature|
• Achieve 100% targets of resident care plans
• Create and maintain a continuous fun environment for elderly
• Prepare nutritious meals and served to clients
• Wash dishes and clean kitchen after meal
• Support clients in personal hygiene and care such as bathing, grooming and toileting
• Create and maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment
• Timely observed and reported a change in the emotional condition of client which saved her life
• Helped clients with laundry and performed light housekeeping duties
• Provided ongoing companionship to clients
• Transported clients to and from appointments and social gatherings
• Shopped grocery and ran errands
• Prepared and maintained documentation about the client’s condition and care provided
• Assisted clients in using bathroom and cared of mouth, skin and hair
• Provided ambulation, eating, dressing and shaving services
• Prepared nutritious meals and special diets according to instructions
• Helped clients with a range of motion exercises
• Performed light housekeeping activities such as dusting, sweeping, changing linens and cleaning bathrooms
Community School, Edmonton, AB – 2006
High School Diploma
• Excellent attention to detail
• Track record of working efficiently without direct supervision
• Special talent for making professional relationships with clients
STRONG REFERENCES available.