Housekeeping Workers or Housepersons perform various regular and repetitive tasks of cleaning and housekeeping in the assigned areas.
Their duties include maintaining the essential level of cleanliness by using the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing methods, chemicals, materials and procedures. They are also responsible for waxing and scrubbing of floors and tiles, cleaning of washrooms and bathrooms, cleaning of fixtures and equipment, garbage removal and other exact cleaning tasks that may be assigned by the housekeeping supervisor.
They must perform their duties in such a manner to create a least amount of disturbance to people around. Housepersons or Housekeeping Workers are usually employed by hospitals, schools, government or private buildings, and hotels to help keep them sanitized, safe and organized.
Housekeeping Worker Resume Writing Tips
In order to be considered for a housekeeping worker position, you need to create an attractive and well-written resume along with a supporting cover letter for housekeeping resume; that details your cleaning skills, physical abilities, and relevant professional background. Remember that your resume should not go beyond one page in length.
Look at the following Template of Resume for a Housekeeping Worker in order to make your resume. This example is also useful for the candidates having no prior experience. You just need to tailor it as per your experience, skills and abilities.
Housekeeping Worker Resume Sample
84 Example Street ♦ San Luis Obispo, CA 32587 ♦ Tel: (100) 698-8797 ♦ Email:
Seeking a Housekeeping Worker position at the ABC Company utilizing excellent cleaning and organization skills to improve the company’s efficiency.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS (See also: Housekeeper Qualifications for Resume)
• Two years of extensive experience in housekeeping
• Knowledge of safety practices related to housekeeping
• Proven record of observing and reporting any kind of security violations
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintaining necessary records and preparing necessary reports
• Familiar with the safe usage of different kinds of chemicals
• Highly skilled in sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, moping, washing, vacuuming and waxing
• In-depth knowledge of cleaning methods
• Hands-on experience to operate housekeeping equipment
• Able to understand and follow all safety precautions and work related directions
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish physically challenging tasks
Mar 2011 – Present
ResCare – San Luis Obispo, CA
• Sweep, mop, scrub, dust, wax and polish furniture, windows, floors, walls, furnishings, equipment, and hardware.
• Clean and disinfect washrooms, laboratories, and bedrooms
• Move equipment and furniture
• Remove soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies
• Keep bathroom supplied with paper, towels, and soap
• Order and distribute custodial supplies
• Collect and dispose of waste and garbage
• Maintain inventory
Jan 2010 – Mar 2011
NYU Langone Medical Center – New York, NY
• Provided a sanitized and aseptic environment for the safety and wellbeing of patients, visitors, physicians and employees
• Performed a range of housekeeping duties including waste removal, dusting, cleaning and cleaning of fixtures and surfaces
• Removed soiled linens
• Cleaned, sanitized and made of beds
• Vacuumed carpets
High School Diploma – 2008
• Good Communication Skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and work in a team
• Bilingual: English and French
• Able to adhere to company’s Policies and Procedures
• Able to respond quickly in emergency situations
• Profound ability to lift 50 pounds and move 75 pounds
• Able to stand for extended periods and carry out manual repetitive labor