A bank teller process and record routine transactions perfectly and professionally for bank customers. They are responsible for cashing checks, managing deposits and removals, processing loan payments and money transfers. They also introduce bank’s new products and services to existing and potential customers.
Cover letters for bank teller position are the most important part of your job search. Your cover letter has the potential to “make or break” your chance to obtain a highly paid job with a bank. The bank teller cover letter provides you with a good opportunity to relate yourself to the job description provided by prospective employer. Remember the one and only purpose of the cover letter is to have your resume read.
• Add a headline: Just like a profile summary takes your resume to the next level, a headline statement does the same to your cover letter. So think about a powerful headline and opening.
• Make it easy to scan: Using banking terminology, keywords and an easy-to-scan format helps a lot in encouraging recruiter read your document till the end.
• End in a compelling manner: Closing is very important – as important as beginning. Leave the employer with a tone of confidence and assure them of your interest in the position. Asking for an interview is a highly effective and proactive way of ending your cover letter.
• Write your cover letter with a great care: A poorly written cover letter will decrease your chances of interview by 80%.
If you are an entry level candidate you should use this Cover Letter for Bank Teller with No Experience.
Below are two well-written cover letter samples for Bank Teller Resume.
540 Tetragon Sq • Bristol, CT 65003 • (003) 555-6664 • richard @ email .com
January 2, 2016
Mr. Jason Crane
The Bank of America
870 Rochester Blvd
Bristol, CT 65003
Dear Mr. Crane:
Your advertisement for Bank Teller position piqued my interest since your job description complements my qualifications and skills. Described by my previous employers as a mindful, alert and accurate professional gifted with courteous public dealing and strong interpersonal skills, I strongly believe I am the right candidate for this position.
Performing all kinds of banking transactions including account withdrawals and deposits while maintaining positive customer relations is my expertise. For the past 4 years, I have consistently proven my ability to conduct proper trial balancing of the allotted cash drawer with utmost precision and accuracy.
Some highlights of my professional qualifications:
● Extensive experience in cash handling, record keeping and cash drawer balancing
● Known for providing detailed information to customers regarding bank services
● Adept at balancing Auto Teller Machines, Teller Cash Dispensers and Teller Cash Recyclers
● Special talent for guiding the clients efficiently based on their financial needs
An opportunity of meeting to discuss your requirements and my talents in detail will be highly appreciated. I will call your office after 6 days to check your availability to suit the purpose. In case you need to speak earlier, please feel free to contact me at (003) 555-6664.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
547 E North Street
Houston, TX 57885
January 2, 2016
Mr. John Chris
The Bank of America
142 Some Street
Houston, TX 52287
Dear Mr. Chris:
With a strong aspiration to provide quality customer service and hands-on experience in handling banking transactions, I am certain that I can succeed in the role of a Bank Teller at The Bank of America.
My following attributes make me an ideal contender:
❖ Well-versed in processing customers’ cash deposits and withdrawals; checks, transfers, money orders, travel cheques and bills and credit card payments
❖ Demonstrated ability to count the cash quickly and accurately
❖ Competent at answering customers’ questions regarding their accounts
❖ Highly skilled in recording transactions manually and electronically
❖ Expert in managing all transactions promptly and accurately in compliance with bank policies
These traits combined with my customer-focused approach will enable me exceed your expectations. I’d welcome an opportunity to meet with you and further relay the value I am eager to bring to The Bank of America. I will call your office after few days to follow-up and can be reached at (000) 999-9999.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application.
anna @ email . com