Over the last decade, resume writing has changed drastically.
Since you have to keep up with the competition, have a look at how a resume should be written to please a hiring manager:
Social Worker Assistant Resume Sample
1038 Haley Road, Reno, NV 56021
SOCIAL WORKER ASSISTANT
Highly experienced social worker assistance, with extensive comprehension of assessing clients; needs, and assisting in determining how they can be helped. Ability to contribute to treatment plans, and advise clients about available resources, and programs.
Worked with families to ensure that parents provide safe environments for their children. Helped emotionally and mentally challenged people by locating resources that may help them cope.
|• Client Support||• Plans Management||• Resources Development|
|• Elderly Oversight||• Family Assistance||• Abuse Determination|
|• Community Care||• Mental Health Assistance||• Skills Assessment|
|• Problem Solving||• Social Care Planning||• Help Planning|
• Suggested implementation of a parenting skills assessment program, which proved to be exceptionally helpful in determining problems within families.
• Singlehandedly managed care and resource development for 7 cases, in the event of high work volume.
• Proved to be instrumental in implementing an elderly community care program.
• Created and developed a large number of resources, to help a wide variety of clients in handling daily needs.
Social Worker Assistant
Life Care Center, Reno, NV | 2012 – Present
• Assist social workers in assessing cases, by providing insight and support.
• Assess clients by engaging them in conversation, and take notes regarding specific problems.
• Assess parenting skills, and plan treatment programs, as and when necessary.
• Assist families in the development and learning of their children.
• Refer clients to public and private agencies, in a bid to help them obtain assistance.
• Oversee the daily group activities of residents in an institutional capacity.
• Create reports regarding client progress, and assessment information, and submit them promptly.
• Create and maintain records of clients, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
Social Work Aide
Villa Center, Reno, NV | 2010 – 2012
• Provided support to social service workers in determining clients’ problems and limitations.
• Assisted clients in identifying their options, and providing them with ways of availing resources.
• Interviewed clients to identify specific issues, and compiled information on social, educational, criminal, and drug histories.
• Assisted in locating housing options for displaced individuals, by tapping all available resources.
• Created and properly maintained records of all clients, ensuring confidentiality was kept a priority.
Nevada State University, Reno, NV – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services