A school social worker should write a resume to impress it upon the hiring authorities that they can handle this sensitive work quite well.
In order to do this, it is imperative for the candidate to include information regarding knowledge of working with students and teachers to ensure the emotional wellbeing of the former.
Writing a school social worker resume will require you to highlight your skills and experience in this regard, in the resume.
You will be judged on past experiences and accomplishments, so make sure that you add both.
Here is how you can do this:
School Social Worker Resume Example
61 25th Street, Johnson City, TN 66212
A compassionate and passionate individual, with over 5 years of experience in working as a school social worker. Competent in reaching out to vulnerable students, and determining their specific emotional and physical wellbeing needs. Highly skilled in developing individualized programs to meet the specific needs of each student. Able to work with teachers and staff members in order to ensure the delivery of excellent services to students.
• Student Counseling
• Prevention Programs
• Teacher Training
• Parent Liaison
• Student Assessment
• Risk Management
• Successfully helped 100+ students in transitioning into functional school members
• Singlehandedly developed and implemented a vast range of individualized student care plans
• Trained 50+ individuals in performing social work in an academic capacity
School Social Worker
Fridley Public Schools, Johnson City, TN
5/2016 – Present
• Confer with teachers and parents to determine requirements for assistance
• Engage students in conversation to determine their specific situations
• Create and implement specially designed programs to meet the physical and emotional wellbeing of students
• Work with students, parents, and teachers to resolve issues that may impact students negatively
• Assist in developing positive behavior management strategies
• Assess students with mental and emotional health concerns
• Develop and implement staff training programs
• Assist teachers in handling behavior management issues
• Identify instances of physical or emotional abuse and ensure immediate action
• Assist in alleviating family stress by helping parents access programs
Winston School, Johnson City, TN
2/2015 – 5/2016
• Provided student assessment assistance, as part of a support team
• Helped in building and implementing positive behavior strategies
• Prepared initial reports on students’ wellbeing requirements
• Intervened during crises situations, focusing on students’ safety
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN – 2014