It is possible to write a rocking resume for a behavior therapist position even if you have just graduated or trained as one.
The good thing about entry-level resumes is that they do not require you to provide previous experience information.
However, you have to mention your internship or a volunteer experience.
In an behavior therapist resume (no experience), mention how skilled you are in reaching out to people who may be suffering from mental or emotional disorders.
Your knowledge of creating and implementing treatment plans to meet the individual needs of each patient is important to portray in a resume.
Equally important is to ensure that the hiring manager is aware of your knowledge of monitoring and observing patients in order to ensure that no self-harm is imminent.
If you can put all this information into the resume, you can come up with a pretty solid document. Here is how you can do this:
Behavior Therapist Resume No Experience
58 Palm Road, Athens, GA 19048
Enthusiastic, resourceful, and competent behavior therapist, with exceptional skills in determining patients’ specific mental and emotional disorders and limitations. Exceptionally talented in creating and implementing plans and programs to meet the individualized needs of each patient.
Master’s Degree in Behavior Therapy
Georgia State University, Athens, GA – 2019
Award and Honors
• Awarded Best Student plaque, for exceptional progress in academic throughout the degree program
• Honored for representing the university in 3 international behavioral therapy programs
• Consistently remained on top of the class owing to exceptional academic excellence
• Made it to the Dean’s list twice, due to excellent contribution to the university in both academic, and extracurricularareas
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Patient Liaison
• Plan Development
• Behavior Monitoring
• Emotional Support
• Change Facilitation
• Needs Assessment
• Disorders Handling
Health and Wellbeing, Athens, GA | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Engaged patients in conversation in order to determine their personalities
• Inquired about medical histories, and effectively recorded them
• Provided behavior therapists with information on new and existing patients
• Assisted in creating treatment plans to meet the individualized needs of each patient
• Helped patients come to terms with their problems through counseling
• Facilitated changes in lifestyles
• Data Entry
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
English, Spanish, and German
• Volunteered services at a local detention center for 2 summers
• Led a team of volunteers on a recycling mission