Skills are so critical that a resume is not considered complete without them.
Even the best of resumes will lose their appeal if they lack a skills section.
That can be quite worrying for candidates who have depended on experience and education to get their point across. In some cases, this might not be a problem, but in most, hiring managers tend to reject resumes that lack mention of skills. How does one top this?
Do not take the risk of excluding the skills section from your resume. In fact, build upon your skills as much as you can, keeping in mind the relevance of it all. However, there is a certain way in which you have to write the skills section, as you cannot be haphazard with it.
Skills statements are always different from job responsibilities. Many resume writers confuse the two, making it frustrating for hiring managers to determine how to separate them or make sense of either. A skills statement is not a job duty. It is a statement that highlights the specific skills that you possess, in sync with what the hiring manager is looking for.
For a loan specialist resume, the following list of skills list will do:
Sample Skills for Loan Specialist Resume
• Demonstrated ability to perform quality loan audits, and address areas of non-compliance.
• Effectively able to work with risk management teams, to develop and implement new loan policies and procedures.
• Deeply familiar with verifying the quality, completeness, and accuracy of supporting loan documentation, and analysis.
• Highly skilled in reviewing audit results, and providing well-placed recommendations based on findings.
• Proficient in assessing company processes, and determining if additional review processes and enhancements are required.
• Adept at processing all loan application, provided in person, and applied online.
• Proven ability to review and approve basic loans within assigned guidelines, and making recommendations within authority limitations.
• Exceptionally well-versed in conducting loan closing, and disbursing funds, and verifying that conditions are met.
• Familiar with handling follow-up duties to ensure that delinquent accounts do not remain in the negative for too long.
• Competent in performing background checks to ensure that clients or prospective clients possess the ability to manage paybacks.
• Qualified to handle business development activities, and follow up on leads generated by officers.
• Capable of assisting clients in making informed financial decisions, to help them achieve their financial goals.
• Solid track record of efficiently handling all servicing and collection services.