A fireman without skills is no good to anyone. That is why it is imperative that you place your skills in your resume.
As a fireman, your skills are what will get you the job. Of course, the experience will count as well, but most recruiters will automatically focus on your abilities and competencies in this regard.
Making sure that the skills section of your resume is properly filled out is important.
Including information such as knowledge of using and maintaining firefighting equipment is also important. As important is the ability to handle fire eruptions in buildings, forests, and open lands.
A fireman’s resume should focus on how well-versed he or she is in these areas – and more.
The skills section of your resume will allow you to write much about your competencies. As a matter of fact, this section is all that you need in order to highlight your specialized skills in firefighting.
Have a look at the list of firefighting skills that you can put into a fireman resume:
Skills for Fireman Resume
• Expert in responding to calls regarding fire incidents.
• Effectively able to prepare firefighting equipment.
• Deeply familiar with operating firefighting and rescue equipment, such as ladders and fire hoses.
• Documented success in handling fires of many different types and spreads.
• Exceptionally talented in providing emergency medical services in compliance with standards.
• Highly skilled in inspecting fire scene in order to identify causes.
• Well-versed in removing debris and burnt items from fire scenes.
• Proficient in handling emergency incidents apart from fires, such as road accidents, floods, and spillages.
• Adept at minimizing distress and suffering, by providing First Aid and CPR.
• Skilled in safeguarding people’s and pets’ safety.
• Experienced in cleaning up and inspecting sites post dealing with fire incident.
• Competent in extinguishing fires by following set procedures.
• Qualified to perform public information and education tasks.
• Unmatched ability to handle fire incidents with exceptional care and priority.
• Hands-on experience in cleaning and inspecting firefighting equipment and apparatus.
• Expert at performing preventative and regular maintenance on firefighting equipment.
• Knowledge of making minor repairs to firefighting equipment.
• Familiar with conducting fire drills.
• Particularly talented in rescuing trapped people and pets from fire scenes.
• Hands-on experience in advising businesses and individuals on fire safety.
• Proven ability to determine fire risks in commercial and residential buildings.
• Solid track record of effectively demonstrating the use of firefighting equipment in order to train new firefighters.
See also: Fireman Cover Letter Sample