Not everyone has the capacity to work as a food expeditor. And if this is the work that you have chosen to do, you have to convince the hiring manager that you are capable of doing it.
It is important to realize that the skills section on your resume will be given great consideration, which is why it is imperative for you to highlight your skills as best as possible.
Mainly, your skills as a food expeditor will tell the hiring manager that you are better than the others applying for the same job.
These would include the ability to move back and forth between the restaurant area and the kitchen in order to expedite orders, and knowledge of actually following up with orders.
Unless you mention that you know the work thoroughly, there is very little chance that you will be considered for it.
Specifically, your skills will include the ability to ensure proper order flow and priority.
And here is how you can write skills statements to impress a hiring manager:
See also: Food Expeditor Resume
Food Expeditor Skills for Resume
• Acting as a bridge between wait and kitchen staff members
• Ensuring the efficient flow of orders between the restaurant and kitchen areas
• Overseeing orders in order to ensure that they are being properly prepared
• Following up on orders so that they are delivered according to set priorities
• Organizing the timeliness and accuracy of order preparation
• Controlling and overseeing dishes before they leave kitchen areas
• Ensuring that all quality and food hygiene metrics are taken into account
• Verbal conversation with both kitchen and wait staff members
• Keeping staff well informed about non-available food items in order to reduce problems associated with “run out” issues
• Monitoring portion control, ensuring that the restaurant’s standards are adhered to
• Delivering high-quality food items to patrons, within provided timelines
• Assisting kitchen staff members in preparing food orders, especially during rush hours
• Testing the temperature of customers’ plates
• Directing kitchen runners and wait staff in order to ensure the timely delivery of food to patrons
• Eliminating bottlenecks and filling orders in a timely and efficient manner
• Handling complaints regarding food or service quality by following set protocols and instructions