Whether you are working at a material handling job that you have held for years or applying for a new one, it is your skills that will be looked at more than anything else.
You cannot run away from the fact that skills make you who you are.
Always write precisely what you can do that makes you an excellent choice for a material handling job.
There is no way that anyone can find how good you are unless you tell them.
Now that it is established that skills are the way to go forward let us discuss how to make ourselves look attractive enough for the employer to hire us immediately.
The following are some hard and soft skills for a material handler resume.
9 Sample Hard Skills for Material Handler Resume
1. Demonstrated ability to pick orders from inventory/storage areas by efficiently using manual lifts and forklifts.
2. Highly skilled in identifying and verifying picked items against work orders to ensure the accuracy of orders.
3. First-hand experience of handling packing, labeling, and shipping duties according to the specific protocols of the warehouse.
4. Competent at maintaining the inventory of items within the warehouse and providing timely alerts regarding low inventory levels.
5. Proven record of efficiently performing paperwork associated with picked materials to ensure complete records management.
6. Talented in supporting production efforts by conveying parts between distribution points and manufacturing lines.
7. Adept at optimizing packaging duties for all outgoing shipments while placing special focus on the safety of items.
8. Highly experienced in operating pallet jacks while ensuring that all safety guidelines are properly met and followed.
9. Exceptionally well-versed in implementing and following safety procedures while performing regular work duties.
Material Handler Soft Skills
- Customer Service
- Hand-eye Coordination
- Attention to Details
- Physically Dexterous
- Working Independently
- Following Instructions
- Can-do Attitude
- Friendly and Fun