A good recommendation letter from your previous employer increases your chances to obtain a new job as a waitress.
What to Include in a Waitress Reference Letter?
- Write in what capacity and for how long you have known the employee
- Highlight her particular waitressing skills, customer service abilities, and communication talents.
- The reference letter should also include the previous employer’s contact information and phone number.
Below is a sample reference or recommendation letter for a waiter/waitress.
This reference letter is useful for the employers of UK, USA, Canada, and Australia. Besides, you might use this sample in other countries.
Note: A Reference Letter for waitress must be written on the letterhead of company/ restaurant/hotel.
See also: Waitress Resume
Waitress Reference Letter Example
June 24, 2019
To Whom It May Concern
It is a great pleasure to recommend Mary Johnson for employment as a Waitress at your restaurant. Mary had worked as a waitress with ABC Restaurant for eight years.
She was an excellent addition to our waiters’ team when she joined us in 2017. During her two years of employment at our restaurant, she distinguished herself as an enthusiastic, quick learner, capable worker, and overall a brilliant young woman. She excelled in all kinds of tasks assigned to her.
Specifically, she performed the following duties with full dedication and commitment.
- Greeted patrons, helped them with table selection and escorted them to their tables
- Explained how a variety of menu items are being prepared, describing ingredients and food preparation methods
- Informed customers of daily specials
- Checked with customers to make sure that they were enjoying their meals
- Took corrective actions, in case of any problem faced by patrons
I, once again, strongly recommend Mary for employment at your restaurant and wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors. In case of any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.
52 New Street, Austin, TX
Tel: (000) 333-9876