Words are powerful – they have the strength to change the world. Similarly, words can change how you will be perceived by a prospective employer.
The power of words should never be wasted in a resume.
For instance, a bartender or a cocktail waitress attempting to write her resume can write content that will make the reader think “okay, I want to hire this person NOW”.
However, resumes that are too wordy can make the wrong impression.
So before you attempt writing a resume for a bartender or cocktail waitress position, make sure that you choose the right keywords.
A resume sample for a bartender / cocktail waitress is given below for your reference:
Bartender Cocktail Waitress Resume Sample
33 6th Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 53728
shewil @ email . com
Bartender / Cocktail Waitress
An energetic and highly-motivated individual with extensive experience in the foodservice industry. Ability to prepare and serve drinks to restaurant patrons with the aim of ensuring repeat business. Known for creating an environment of enjoyment for bar patrons by providing them with the best in customer services.
• Special talent for mixing the right amount of beverages to concoct safe and enjoyable drinks.
• Able to juggle waitressing and bartending duties simultaneously during rush hours.
• Skilled at engaging patrons in conversation to make them feel at home.
• Customer service
• Food/wine recommendation
• Table setup
• Physical dexterity
• Standards maintenance
• Hygiene and sanitation
• Foodservice etiquette
• Food preparation
• Reservations management
• Concocted a beverage coined “Sheena” which quickly became the bar’s signature drink.
• Increased customer base by 50% by employing exceptional waiting and customer service skills.
• Decreased food spoilage by 40% by suggesting a policy along the lines of “waste not want not” is introduced.
• Retained 99% of patrons following the opening of a bigger and more sophisticated bar next door.
803 Lounge, Sioux Falls, SD | 2017-Present
• Greet patrons as they arrive and assist in seating them
• Provide patrons with menus and suggest items to be ordered
• Respond to queries regarding food and beverage selection
• Provide customers with lists of available alcohol beverages and concoctions
• Assist customers in selecting complementing wines with their food selections
• Relay food and beverage orders to bars and kitchens after providing customers with the expected time of delivery
• Assist bartenders in making concoctions or pouring required alcoholic beverages in glasses
• Deliver customers’ orders to their tables and provide them with information on “very hot” items
• Ask if any additional orders need to be delivered and if delivered order is alright
• Provide customers with checks and receive and process payments
• Clean tables and clear and replace soiled dishes and napkins
SJ Restaurant, Sioux Falls, SD | 2015-2017
• Cleaned tables and replaces soiled dishes and flatware
• Assisted waiters in taking and relaying orders to the kitchen and bar
• Provided assistance to bartenders in whipping up alcoholic beverages and serving them to customers
• Set up food stations and assisted in setting up buffet tables
• Ascertained refilling of buffet dishes by constantly keeping a watch
• Refilled customers’ water glasses and inquired if any additional orders needed to be placed
• Coordinated restaurant and bar cleaning efforts
High School Diploma
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Sioux Falls, SD