Head Waiters or waitresses (Chef de Rang) help restaurant managers in the supervision of staff to ensure complete guest satisfaction regarding food quality and service under company policies.
A resume for the head waiter position is typically an outline of a person’s educational and professional background. It should be fully customized as per the needs of the prospective employer. Contemporary resumes are skill-based and achievement-focused.
Below is a sample resume that will help you build a good resume.
Head Waitress (Chef de Rang) Resume Sample
Sara M. Chris
124 5th Avenue, Hertford, UK 6C9 D7E
[Your Contact #]
[Your Email Address]
• Over 16 years’ progressive experience working in fast-paced hospitality and foodservice environments
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport with guests and making the casual diners into regulars
• Good understanding of basic accounting principles
• Ability to deal with all telephone calls and inquiries in a professional and friendly manner
• Working knowledge of computers and the internet
• Ability to speak English clearly and warmly with guests
• Thorough understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry
• Working in a multicultural and dynamic environment
• Problem-solving and staff management
Maitre d / Head Waitress
The Whistling Duck Restaurant – Hertford, UK
May 2008 – Present
• Attain Yearly Customer Service Award in 2017 and 2018.
• Efficiently manage all aspects of casual dining and buffet service area, which increase returning guests ratio by 30%.
• Visit each table of the dining area on day by day basis, ensuring the complete satisfaction of guests.
• Direct, oversee, and evaluate the performance of hospitality workers.
• Handle angry patrons politely and calmly.
• Ensure that the Restaurant workers follow company policies at all times about uniforms, personal look, and cleanliness.
Chef de Rang
Typhoon Restaurants – London, UK
Mar 2002 – May 2008
• Provided a warm salutation to guests and accompanied them through to the restaurant.
• Ensured hygiene of the reception area and visitor facilities.
• Presented bills to the guests and ensured accurate payments are processed.
• Took drinks orders from guests.
• Managed display area and Organized products.
B.S. | Hospitality Management
RIMS College, London UK – 2006
Strong professional references available
See also: Head Waitress Cover Letter Sample