A teller is accountable for precisely conducting all credit and debit transactions in keeping with established policies and procedures of the organization. S/he has to keep suitable cash supply readily available and organize daily record of transactions. They need to deliver exceptional service to clients, meet sales goals and enthusiastically participate in sales promotions.
A cover letter for teller position introduces your personal traits, special skills and qualifications to prospective employers. Next to your teller resume, the cover letter is the principal document in your job search.
Teller Cover Letter Tips
• Tailor your letter to the job description advertised by the organization you are applying at.
• Address it to a specific and relevant person. If you do not identify the name of the individual to whom your letter should be addressed, call the bank or organization and ask the name from receptionist
• Use similar paper, font style and size parallel to your resume
• Keep it short and to the point. Three to four paragraphs on one page will be suitable enough to hold the employer’s interest.
• Elucidate how you are a best candidate for organization’s requirements, not what you are expecting from the employer
• Change the structure of your sentence; don’t start all of your sentences with the word “I”
• Do not forget to mention the follow up action you will take; close the letter identifying what you will do for follow-up. Request an interview. Show plan by offering to call to employer’s office.
• Put your signature before your name and retain copies of all communication.
• Proofread. Bring your letter to family and close friends to have someone else proofread it.
Refer the example below for assistance in creating and perfecting your letter.
54 Example North Street
Flemington, NJ 65287
December 31, 2014
Ms. Anna Anderson
Human Resources Manager
Fulton Financial Corporation
32 New South Ave
Flemington, NJ 65936
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am writing to express my interest in Teller position at Fulton Financial Corporation that was advertised in The New Jersey Times. The position is an excellent fit with my qualifications and career interests. Fulton Financial Corporation, due to its fame in the financial sector, comes very highly recommended to me.
Your Teller position requires strong skills in performing teller transactions in addition to excellent communication and customer service abilities, a background in financial sector, and the ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member. Several opportunities and experiences have prepared me to perform extremely well in these areas. Specifically, I am very skilled in counting and depositing cash, and checking into accounts and examining proper endorsements. Besides, I have hands-on experience in sorting and packaging money, filling cash orders and maintaining a daily record of transactions.
These experiences combined with my commitment to provide exceptional customer services make me an excellent candidate for Teller position at Fulton Financial Corporation. My enclosed resume contains more details about my qualifications and skills.
As a results-driven teller, I’d welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss this position in detail. I will call your office after one week to find the possibility of an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at [Contact #] or [Email].
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.