You may think it is unnecessary but you must write your accomplishments in a bank teller resume or cover letter.
Accomplishments can perhaps define us much better than what our experiences have been over the years. When you provide a hiring manager with a list of your professional accomplishments, you provide him or her with a chance to get to know you on a deep level. That level cannot be reached if the information that you provide is just ordinary.
As a candidate, it is your responsibility to provide a hiring manager with as much information as possible to prove yourself as a great candidate. Both resumes and cover letters are dependent on how much you have achieved in the last few years.
When this information is present in these documents, the hiring manager automatically feels that you have a lot to offer. And candidates who have much to offer are often the ones who will be considered for a bank teller interview.
Bank teller accomplishments are not mere adornments on resumes and cover letters. You cannot afford to miss them out. When a hiring manager picks up a resume or a cover letter, he or she will quickly scan it, looking for the part where you have mentioned that you excelled at something.
11+ Sample Achievements for Bank Teller Resume
- Successfully processed 45 checks in 1 hour, during a staff shortage incident on a busy day at the bank.
- Met all reconciliation deadlines between the years 2011 and 2016.
- Exceeded annual goals by aggressively selling the company’s new products and services to counter clients.
- Successfully resolved a standing issue with a client, which had been in limbo for 6 months.
- Chosen out of 50 tellers in 5 branches to perform advanced transactions including foreign exchange.
- Brought onboard 3 corporate clients, which increased the bank’s annual revenue by 65%
- Trained 36 tellers (in batches of 6) as part of their training and induction
- Created and implemented metrics to identify clients’ potential product and service needs, which was considered 55% more successful than the ones already in place.
- Reconciled a particularly difficult cash report, which had been worked on unsuccessfully by 6 other tellers.
- Balanced cash drawers for 4 cash counters within the provided deadline of 2 hours.
- Implemented a series of security procedures by introducing dual-control functions, which were deemed 100% effective in unearthing bank frauds.