To get a bank teller job, you must have skills in handling deposits efficiently and accurately. You should also be able to verify cash and checks, currency exchange, cross-selling of bank services, and receiving /delivering / processing of payments.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team, and enthusiasm to quickly learn new things and additional tasks that may be assigned.
Below are some major skills and qualifications statements for the position of a bank teller. These phrases are useful for skills, strengths, or qualifications section of a Bank Teller Resume.
Bank Teller Qualifications for Resume
- Highly skilled in receiving and processing all kinds of banking transactions such as verifying information, managing checking and savings accounts, and handling withdrawals and deposits.
- Ability to provide prompt, friendly, courteous, and active service to depositors throughout the process.
- Caters to customer’s needs and refers them to the appropriate person if required.
- Goal-oriented professional with exceptional teamwork acumen to exceed customer service goals while processing transactions following policies and procedures.
- Skilled in recognizing potential sales opportunities and taking appropriate actions.
- Vigilant and dependable with the ability to adhere to security measures to minimize possible loss.
- Exceptional talent for providing accurate and timely settlement of cash and relevant items.
- Track record of maintaining positive customer feedback by properly handling all transactions in keeping with established procedures.
- Known for exercising discretion, judgment, and proposal about transaction problems and inquiries.
- Proven record of maintaining, verifying, balancing allocated cash drawer, including proper trial balancing.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information to bank clients.
- Demonstrated ability to reply to questions regarding bank services and procedures while maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
- Well versed in recognizing customers’ financial services requirements and cross-selling services to meet those requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of financial services.
- Bilingual: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Dedicated and detail-oriented; high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, and Banking software.
Bank Teller Soft Skills for Resume
- Customer service
- Written and verbal communication
- Strong drive for results
- Attention to detail