To get a bank teller job, you must have skills in handling deposits efficiently and accurately. You should also be able to verify cash and checks, currency exchange, cross-selling of bank services, and receiving /delivering / processing of payments.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team, and enthusiasm to quickly learn new things and additional tasks that may be assigned.
Below are some major skills and qualifications statements for the position of bank teller. These phrases are useful for the skills, strengths, or qualifications section of a Bank Teller Resume.
Bank Teller Qualifications for Resume
- Highly skilled in receiving and processing all kinds of banking transactions such as verifying information, managing checking and savings accounts, and handling withdrawals and deposits.
- Ability to provide prompt, friendly, courteous, and active service to depositors throughout the process.
- Caters to customer’s needs and refers them to the appropriate person if required.
- Goal-oriented professional with exceptional teamwork acumen to exceed customer service goals while processing transactions following policies and procedures.
- Skilled in recognizing potential sales opportunities and taking appropriate actions.
- Vigilant and dependable with the ability to adhere to security measures to minimize possible loss.
- Exceptional talent for providing accurate and timely settlement of cash and relevant items.
- Track record of maintaining positive customer feedback by properly handling all transactions in keeping with established procedures.
- Known for exercising discretion, judgment, and proposal about transaction problems and inquiries.
- Proven record of maintaining, verifying, balancing allocated cash drawer, including proper trial balancing.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information to bank clients.
- Demonstrated ability to reply to questions regarding bank services and procedures while maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
- Well versed in recognizing customers’ financial services requirements and cross-selling services to meet those requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of financial services.
- Bilingual: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Dedicated and detail-oriented; high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, and Banking software.
Bank Teller Soft Skills for Resume
- Customer service
- Written and verbal communication
- Strong drive for results
- Attention to detail