In order to get a job of bank teller, you must have skills in handling deposits efficiently and accurately, verifying cash and checks, currency exchange, cross-selling of bank services, and receiving /delivering / processing of payments.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in team and enthusiasm to quickly learn new things and additional tasks that may be assigned.
Below are some major skills and qualifications statements for the position of a bank teller. These phrases might be included in skills, strengths or qualifications section of a Bank Teller Resume.
Bank Teller Resume Skills, Qualifications and Strengths
• Highly skilled in receiving and processing all kinds of banking transactions such as verifying information, managing checking and savings accounts, and handling withdrawals and deposits.
• Ability to provide prompt, friendly, courteous and active service to depositors throughout the process.
• Caters to customer’s needs and refers them to the appropriate person.
• Goal-oriented professional with exceptional teamwork acumen to exceed customer service goals while processing transactions in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Skilled in recognizing potential sales opportunities and taking appropriate actions.
• Vigilant and dependable with the ability to adhere to security measures to minimize potential loss.
• Special talent for providing accurate and timely settlement of cash and relevant items.
• Track record of maintaining positive customer feedback by proper handling all transactions in keeping with established procedures.
• Known for exercising discretion, judgment, and proposal about transaction problems and inquiries.
• Proven record of maintaining, verifying, balancing allocated cash drawer, including proper trial balancing.
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to bank clients.
• Demonstrated ability to reply questions regarding bank services and procedures while maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
• Well versed in recognizing customers’ financial services requirements and cross-selling services to meet those requirements.
• Bilingual: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Dedicated and detail-oriented; high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Computer: MS Word, Excel and Banking software.