The duties of an oil change technician are a little less profound than that of an automotive technician. But in no way are they in any way less than the latter. When you write a resume for oil change technician position, you need to make it relate to the oil change technician job description. You can do that effectively only if you have some information on what exactly it is that you will be required to do.
An oil change technician resume need to focus around the many skills that you will need in order to make sure that you present yourself as someone who knows car maintenance well. This is usually an entry level or mid-level position, with eventual prospects to move up the ladder. Once you have mastered maintenance on a wide variety of vehicles, you can move up to becoming an automotive technician, giving you the chance to make your resume more detailed.
587 Bath Avenue ● Ashland ● KY 42895 ● (000) 414-7874 ● darrelwade @ email . com
OIL CHANGE TECHNICIAN
SUMMARY: Energetic, mechanically-inclined with a 3+ years’ track record of performing inspections to determine safety related repairs. Adept at maintaining fluids of a variety of vehicles performing lubrication work on vehicle suspensions in order to cut down on wear and tear.
• Deep insight into changing vehicle’s fluids and keeping levels at par with set standards for each type of vehicle
• Demonstrated ability to inspect various belts and filters to ensure that they are in an “optimum condition”
• Proficient in handling coolant and transmission flushes by following procedures set by the facility
|• Multipoint Inspections||Preventative Maintenance||Oil Change|
|• Transmission Checks||Grease Dispensing||Vehicle Servicing|
|• Tire Rotation||Battery Replacement||Customer Service|
J & S OIL COMPANY, Ashland, KY | Oct 2012 – Dec 2015
Oil Change Technician
• Checked vehicles for repair and maintenance needs and provided feedback to the supervisor
• Assisted technicians in determining fluid levels in vehicles and bringing them up to par with standards
• Handled tire activities and new tire installation activities and changed wiper blades
• Checked air pressure in tires and handled coolant and transmission flushes
• Performed inspections on belts and filters and ensured the need for repair or replacement is made obvious to customers
ASHLAND HIGH SCHOOL, Ashland, KY – 2011
High School Diploma