Computer and desktop support technicians are important for any business.
They keep the computers run well and ensure that the hardware and software are up to date.
A skills and capabilities section is the core section of a computer technician resume. Focus on writing the attractive skills statements in your Computer or desktop technician resume.
Use some of the following skills when building your computer or desktop support resume.
Note: Select only 4 -5 skills statements which are most relevant to the job description given by the employer in the advertisement.
Sample Skills for Computer Desktop Technician Resume
• Highly skilled in providing active technical support in hardware and software issues, including diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• MCSA and MCITP certified.
• Experience troubleshooting all versions of Windows and mobile devices (iOS / Android).
• In-depth knowledge of performing hardware and software support for Windows and Mac products.
• Proven record of performing hardware repairs on customer equipment such as servers, desktops, notebooks, tablets, and printers.
• Able to give accurate and quick service to end-users.
• Demonstrated ability to perform software upgrades and configuration enhancements.
• Well versed in ensuring preventative maintenance on hardware.
• Able to ensure that all requests from the user are logged and the right procedures are followed.
• Documented success in maintaining problem status and resolution information in the ticketing database.
• Adept at testing and distributing security patches to clients.
• Track record of participating in the rollout of new software and hardware to ensure consistency in the company’s technical standards.
• Exceptional talent for analyzing problems and escalating issues when necessary.
• Creates and updates IT documentation for customers.
• Ability to guide and educate non-technical users.
• Known to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Microsoft Windows Server support
• Active Directory & Exchange
• Ticketing system
• LAN/WAN protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
• Microsoft Office support
• Virtualization technologies: Hyper-V and VMware
• Backup and disaster recovery solutions
• Well versed with SonicWALL, Dell, Juniper, and Cisco networking equipment