CATV Technician Resumes are rarely read word to word, but usually skimmed in seconds. Therefore, resumes that are customized to address the employers’ specific needs are obviously more effective.
Organization: Information-organization is very important to make resume effective resume. Therefore, arrange the content of your profile in a manner that highlight your key selling traits.
Relevance: Avoid writing irrelevant work histories and skills. Put a special focus on the most relevant accomplishments, attributes and experiences to directly translate your caliber.
CATV Technician Resume Sample
76 Yale Avenue • Memphis, TN 56443 • (006) 333 – 7777 • kevin . mayfield @ email . com
Performance Summary: Methodical CATV technician with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in telecommunications cable and fiber optics installation and troubleshooting. Well-versed with communication protocols, broadcasting, switching and access control. Excellent problem solver who has a profound ability to analyze, diagnose and repair issues related to cable installation, device calibration and DVR programming. Familiar with circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software.
|• Cable Installation||• Device Calibration||• Components Setup|
|• Network Programming||• Wiring Insulation||• Signal Quality Enhancement|
|• Receiver Connections||• DVR Programming||• Transmission Clarity|
|• Corrective Maintenance||• Inventory Management||• Inventory Management|
• Troubleshoot and maintain various communication systems at the assigned stations
• Develop project schedules and implement the same
• Set-up, calibrate and test-run various newly launched projects
• Respond to customer calls, identify and troubleshoot the fault in cabling
• Assess transmission characteristics to establish faults and equipment malfunctions
• Conduct routine maintenance of installed cable and communication systems
Key Results and Accomplishments
• Repaired a communications system worth $40K by identifying and rectifying a major fault
• Reduced complaint response time by 5 minutes on average by initiating an effective complaint relaying mechanism
• Implemented OSHA issued workplace safety guidelines and protocols within first 3 months of employment
• Attained 99.5% customer satisfaction level in the year 2015 based of feedback surveys
• Installed, set-up and repaired cable systems
• Travelled to customer locations and assisted the CATV technician in installation and setup of cable systems
• Used electronic test equipment to measure signal power at utility poles
• Laid down and insulated cable layout as per given blueprints
• Examined and tested lines of cable and identified connectivity defects
• Installed, corrected and tested newly set-up equipment at customer locations
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, Memphis, TN – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Telecommunication
• Bilingual: fluent in English and French
• Computer: Cable Installation Software, MS Office