Resumes for teaching positions, especially those of instructional aide should be written cautiously.
An instructional aide’s position is that of extreme responsibility – employers are especially cautious when choosing the right candidate for this position.
Since instructional aides usually work in settings that cater to the needs of children with physical or / and mental disabilities, employers look for people who are sensitive and possess the acumen to handle delicate situations.
People applying for instructional aide positions should pay special attention to format of their resumes. If you are about to apply for this position, you can take ideas from the following resume sample.
Related: Instructional Aide Cover Letter
Instructional Aide Resume Example
903 Winbourne Avenue ● Baton Rouge, LA 33399 ● (000) 854-9656 ● isaacblake @ email . com
Dedicated to create safe and nurturing environment for children.
Highly effective instructional aide with 7+ years’ extensive experience in imparting education to students from diverse backgrounds. Effectively works with students with physical and mental limitations.
• Solid knowledge of creating and imparting instruction to students with varying educational needs.
• Combined strong passion for literacy along with inspiration to create a challenging, yet fun learning environment.
• Able to plan creative and effective lessons aimed at meeting individual student’s learning curves.
• Functional ability to employ compassion and sensitivity during stressful situations and handling distressing situations with tact.
|• Classroom Management||• Self-respect Promotion||• Adoption Charter|
|• Curriculum Development||• Teaching Strategies||• Student Observation|
|• Communication||• Cooperative Relationships||• Crisis Intervention|
|• Educational Games||• Behavioral Modification||• Test Administration|
• Created and implemented core curriculum for students aged between 3 and 9 in the absence of lead teacher.
• Increased readership of books designed for special needs students 30% by incorporating story telling techniques.
• Implemented teacher-directed behavioral modification program which resulted in 40% increase in student response.
• Developed a measurement system pertaining to student performance and achievement.
TEACHING ASSISTANCE EXPERIENCE
Spectrum, Baton Rouge LA | 4/2013 – Present
• Assist lead teacher in developing curriculum and lessons for special needs students.
• Provide support in imparting lessons to students by reading aloud and providing support with independent reading.
• Supervise students in small groups and practice activities and drills.
• Reinforce learning objectives and assist teacher with lesson direction.
• Assist students with written activities and educational games.
• Supervise students in the absence of the lead teacher.
• Observe students for signs of agitation and address issues immediately.
• Confer with parents to provide them with information on student progress.
• Monitor program suitability for each student and provide feedback to lead teacher so that modifications can be incorporated.
• Motivate students and encourage them to perform tasks that they feel they are unable to do.
Appleton Learning, Baton Rouge, LA | 1/2009 – 4/2013
• Provided support to lead teacher in imparting instructions to students.
• Assisted students in learning concepts and applying them within a controlled class environment.
• Marked and corrected worksheets and homework.
• Monitored students during outdoor and indoor activities.
• Supervised students during lunchtime and home time.
• Assisted lead teacher in preparing instructional materials.
• Maintained records of students including contact information and attendance records.
Babysitter | Private Capacity, Baton Rouge, LA | Summer 2008
Concordia Technical College, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Major: Early Childhood Education
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet and Email
• Social Media
• Audio Visual Equipment
Last updated on