When writing a resume for special education teacher, imagine yourself in place of the prospective employer who is trying to shortlist the right candidate out of 100+ resumes.
What would you do?
You will probably skim through resumes rather than read them.
To get the attention, you need to customize your resume as per needs of the prospective employer.
Add some quantified accomplishments that reflect your potential in special education teaching.
Get help from the following special education teacher resume example.
Special Education Teacher Resume Example
450 Ivory Lane • Austin, TX 45303 • (004) 333 – 5555 • [Email]
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Driven, friendly and resourceful Special Education Teacher with 5+ years’ track record of efficiently teaching children with cognitive, behavioral and physiological disabilities. A seasoned educationalist who has a strong background in adapting traditional curriculum into meaningful content for special needs students and devising innovative instructional strategies for implementation of the same.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|– Lesson Planning||– Progress Reporting||– Child Assessment|
|– Curriculum Development||– Social Development||– Behavioral Intervention|
|– Life Skills||– Goal Setting||– Performance Gauging|
|– Counseling||– Special AV Aids||– Communication|
• Reduced special needs students drop out rate by 30% through implementation of effective mainstream strategies.
• Collected $50K by organizing a fundraiser, enabling the school to purchase specialized AV aids to facilitate the teaching of special needs students.
• Identified a case of over-medication in a child with ADHD, and reported the same to the social services, saving the child from a further medical overdose.
ABC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Austin, TX
Special Education Teacher, August 2012 – Present
• Assess each child for special needs and keep a record of same.
• Develop and implement an individualized educational plan for each child.
• Develop self-care skills, confidence, and social skills among special needs children.
• Remain in constant communication with the children’s parents and other teachers regarding progress.
• Keep track of each child’s progress in learning and behavioral skills.
• Devise AV aids and special instructional strategies to cater for the unique needs of children.
SEEK ACADEMIA, Austin, TX
Special Education Teacher Assistant, May 2010 – July 2012
• Provided one on one tutoring and coaching in small groups.
• Communicated home assignment details clearly to the students.
• Marked the assignments and test papers.
• Carefully observed and recorded the behavioral conduct of each student.
• Supervised children in their play and lunchtime.
• Maintained a cognitively stimulating classroom environment.
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Austin, TX – 2010
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Major: Special Education
• CPR and BCLS Certified
• Multilingual: English, French, and Spanish
• Computer: MS Word and Excel, Classroom Management Software