Everything that you have ever known about English teacher resume writing is about to change.
If you look at your resume which was written 6 months ago, you will realize that you might not have written it that way now.
This evolution is due to one reason – the ever-changing needs of employers, who are now striving to hire people who can offer them everything and the moon!
Since expectations are so high, it makes sense to create a resume that does not fall short of these expectations. And you can do this by looking through the resume sample provided below:
See also: English Teacher Objective Resume Sample
627 Crossrail Drive ● Atlanta, GA 87598 ● (999) 999-9999 ● katsim @ email . com
Results-oriented and responsible English teacher with 12+ years’ track record of success in creating curriculums for English language and literature and adapting lessons accordingly. Adept at imparting instruction in a clear and concise manner. Hands-on experience in planning, preparing and delivering lessons, and developing and setting tests and examinations according to the specific language and literature concepts.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING COMPETENCIES
|• Lesson Planning||• Curriculum Development|
|• Instructional Activities||• Project Creation|
|• Behavior Management||• Disciplinary Procedure|
|• Content-specific Teaching||• Trajectory Heightening|
|• Resource Development||• Lesson Enhancement|
|• Student Evaluation||• Interactive Learning|
• Create and implement core English language and literature curriculums.
• Ascertain that all lesson plans are being developed according to the curriculum.
• Prepare lesson plans and impart English language and literature to students.
• Teach language concepts such as grammar, punctuation and sentence construction.
• Impart literature education in drama, prose, and poetry.
• Assist students in understanding different ideas by providing them with individual attention.
• Ascertain that students are familiar with the backgrounds of various writers and poets.
• Provide instruction regarding different literary styles and help students interpret poetry and prose written in old English.
• Observe students to ensure appropriate behavior within the classroom.
• Evaluate and assess students to determine their abilities and shortcoming and address the latter.
• Mark assignments and tests and ensure that students are aware of each concept taught in class.
• Provide feedback to parents’ regarding each child’s abilities and limitations.
• Introduced the concept of interactive learning, which increased students’ understanding of the English language by 50%.
• Directed 15 Shakespearean plays as part of the literary learning procedure.
• Developed and implemented core English curriculum for three branches of the school.
• Enhanced the quality of language lessons by incorporating learning resources, derived from thorough research.
• Assisted lead teacher in creating and implementing lesson plans.
• Created materials and resources to help with class instruction.
• Continually supervised students during class and play time.
• Assisted students in understanding difficult concepts and with the class assignments.
• Provided support to the lead teacher in evaluating students and creating correlating reports.
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, GA – 2008
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature