The shift supervisor in a factory is responsible to supervise the daily operations in keeping with the policies and procedures stated by the management to make sure smooth operations during shift.
A factory Shift Supervisor is also accountable for providing training to the employees of his section. They conduct worker performance reviews and are liable for shift agenda including worker training, work station assignments, worker breaks, worker vacations, assignment, shift rotations, and arrange alternate of absent employees.
They are supposed to possess basic reading, writing, and mathematics skills with at least a high school diploma. Familiarity with manufacturing procedures, processes and machinery is also a prerequisite. They must be able to manage equipment and computers.
This sample resume for a Factory Shift Supervisor is specially designed to assist you make your own resume.
Factory Shift Supervisor Resume Sample
334 Example Street | Houston, TX 36666 | (000) 5241-9009 | [Email]
Factory Shift Supervisor
• 15+ years’ hands-on experience in supervisory and leadership roles
• Highly skilled in resolving conflicts among co-workers
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Able to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends
• Bilingual: English and Russian
2005 – Present
AAA Garments Factory, Houston, TX
• Ensure the good quality of the manufactured goods
• Take charge of operations when the manager is not around
• Assist any new or inexpert workers get necessary training
• Manage the orientation for the new workers
• Ensure the place of work is clean and in order
2001 – 2005
DTH Products – McRae, GA
• Efficiently supported employer’s core values of safety, quality and people
• Provided guidance and leadership to employees
• Managed shift inventory and maintained work instructions
• Maintained cleaning of area and equipment
High School Diploma | Houston Public School, Houston, TX | 2004
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Experience in using computerized timekeeping systems