A barber resume is a single page document that contains a list of your skills, qualifications, experiences and relevant attributes to convince the prospective employer that you are a good fit to their needs.
● Write your most relevant experiences as bullet points as hiring managers prefer to read to-the-point information.
● Create a separate section for your skills or areas of expertise.
● Do not use flowery language. Choose simple words and communicate your value in a clear way.
See also: Barber Resume Sample 1
Barber Resume Sample
344 Wilson Square • Millbrook, AL 67449 • (006) 444-5555 • jonathan . keats @ email . com
BARBER / HAIR STYLIST
Creative and versatile Barber with 11 years’ successful track record in hair cutting, trimming, styling, scalp massage, neckline shaping and texture enhancement. Self-reliant with the ability to remain up to date with latest trends in the fashion industry. Excellent interpersonal skills and profound ability to upsell various saloon products while maintaining productive PR with clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Hair Cutting||• Hair Styling||• Beard Trimming|
|• Face Shaving||• Step Cutting||• Oil Therapy|
|• Scalp Massage||• Dandruff Treatment||• Head Shaving|
|• Texture Enhancement||• Hair Conditioning||• Hair Straightening|
REGIS CORPORATION, Millbrook, AL | Jul 2013 – Present
• Trim and shape hair outline, beard and neckline.
• Discuss the customer’s hair styling and cutting expectations before carrying out haircut.
• Recommend suitable hair styles according to the face cut of each client.
• Upsell spa and saloon services and products by recommending the same to interested clients.
• Apply lather, shaving cream and hair softening products before and after carrying out hair contouring services.
• Book appointments and make service reservations on phone for clients.
Key Results and Achievements
• Enhanced overall clientele by 30% through demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
• Reduced running expenses by $5K per month by initiating cost effective and energy saving SOPs.
AAA SALON, Millbrook, AL | May 2006 – Jul 2013
• Maintained all tools in sanitized and organized manner.
• Prepared equipment and product trays for the Barber.
• Assisted the Baber in hair cutting and hair drying.
• Performed beard trimming and shaving as per client’s requests.
• Directed the clients into the waiting area and maintained the same in a neat clean order.
• Massaged client’s neck, scalp and hair prior to service.
Key Results and Achievements
• Upsold various hair care products by 40% by recommending them appropriately to interested clients.
• Introduced 12 latest and unique haircuts which attracted business.
INSTITUTE OF COSMETOLOGY AND AESTHETICS, Millbrook, AL – 2005
Diploma in Barbering
• Trilingual: English, Spanish and Portuguese
• Computer: Spreadsheets, Word Processing