Looking for a good resume sample for a restaurant server position is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
It is difficult, no doubt. Difficult but not impossible.
You just need to know what to look out for.
Applying for a Restaurant Server job is tricky as it is; you don’t want to be stuck at the first level – the resume writing one.
Researching the best resume samples can be tricky but if you know what it is that want to put in your resume, research should be a cinch.
Here is what a well-written resume should contain:
See also: Restaurant Server Cover Letter
Restaurant Server Resume Example
778 Cypress Road, La Place, LA 65985
aidhal @ email . com
Customer service-oriented individual with 6+ years’ vast experience in providing waitressing services in a restaurant environment. Highly developed skills in order taking, along with a deep insight into managing customer complaints and providing viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with patrons in an attentive, friendly and service-oriented manner.
- Special talent for providing suggestions based on each patron’s specific tastes.
- Effectively able to handle bartending and bussing duties, with special focus on providing quality services.
- Successful in suggestive selling to meet the restaurant’s financial goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Upselling||• Bussing||• Banquet Setup|
|• Conflict Resolution||• Dining Process Maintenance||• Replenishment|
|• Payment Handling||• Food Preparation||• Cleaning and Sanitation|
|• Special Order Preparation||• Inventory Support||• Reservations Handling|
• Greet patrons and ask them for their sitting preference
• Escort customers or patrons to their tables and present menus
• Provide information on daily specials and any deals that the restaurant may be offering
• Suggest menu items according to each patron’s taste and liking
• Take and record orders for food items and beverages and provide customers with delivery timelines
• Relay orders to the kitchen and follow up on them to ensure timely delivery
• Fill water glasses and serve food and beverages to customers
• Inquire into preferences for additional orders and record orders appropriately
• Assist in the preparation of bills and process cash and credit card payments
• Clean and bus tables before and after customers arrive and ensure that all restaurant areas are kept clean
• Increased customer base by 36% by suggesting incorporation of children’s meals in the menu
• Handled the POS for an entire month (without any formal training) during the absence of the cashier
• Took and recorded orders for food items and beverages and ensured that they were relayed to the kitchen area
• Followed up on relayed orders to ensure timely delivery and served orders to students and staff members after ensuring their accuracy
• Cleaned tables and chairs and made sure that they were properly placed
• Ascertained the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the restaurant area
• Provided food preparation assistance during rush hours or in instances of staff shortages
• Performed serving work for 250 guests in 2 different gatherings in at the restaurant
• Received the Best Employee award 3 times in a row following exceptional customer services, commended by
ST. PETER’S HIGH SCHOOL, La Place, LA – 2009
High School Diploma