You write a resume to apply for a busser position thinking that a prospective employer will read it.
But many times, it becomes difficult for employers to go through the details that each resume provides.
The best way to counter this problem is to make sure that your resume opens and closes with a bang – and is perfect in every other way as well.
Take a look at the sample below:
Busser Resume Sample
5 Sierra Vista Lane, Valley Cottage, NY 19524
andy.gar @ email . com
Over 6 years of experience of performing bussing tasks in diverse fine dining environments. Committed to working closely with restaurant staff members to ensure delivery of exceptional services, throughout the shift.
Active and organized, able to clear, clean, set and reset tables according to established protocols. Competently stock and maintain side stations, ensuring that they are in a replenished state continuously. Carefully pick and transport dirty flatware to the kitchen, and reset tables before the next set of patrons arrive.
|✓ Silverware Rolling||✓ Reservations Assistance||✓ Restaurant Cleanliness|
|✓ Sanitization Practices||✓ Buffet Setups||✓ Order-taking|
|✓ Inventory Oversight||✓ Condiments Replenishment||✓ Serving Assistance|
|✓ Kitchen Liaison||✓ Food Preparation||✓ Stocking|
• Performed the duties of a server for two back to back shifts during instances of increased patron traffic on Easter holidays
• Introduced a system that provided dynamic alerts when condiments stations ran low on supplies
• Handled food preparation work for three weeks in the absence of a food preparer
• Successfully bussed five buffet tables in one go for three different events taking place at the restaurant
The Marquette Hotel, Valley Cottage, NY | 2013 – Present
• Bus tables and buffets by ensuring that the right type of flatware, dishware, and silverware is placed on them
• Clear away dirty dishes and linen and ensure that tables are reset before the next set of patrons arrive
• Assist servers in relaying order information to the kitchen area and follow up on orders
• Provide support in delivering food items to patrons tables and serving large orders
• Server water and welcome drinks, and ensure that patrons’ glasses are refilled as desired by them
• Set up buffet tables for restaurant events, ensuring that food items are replenished continuously
Ascertain that condiments and service stations are adequately stocked, and oversee supplies inventory
• Supervise janitorial staff to ensure constant cleanliness and sanitization of assigned restaurant areas
Granite Food City, Valley Cottage, NY| 2011 – 2013
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen grills, fryers, hot plates, fridges and ovens
• Cleaned and maintained surfaces such as counters and floors, following sanitization practices
• Assisted food preparers in cutting, chopping and cubing fruits, vegetables, meats and cheeses
• Handled portioning duties and expedited both dine-in and takeaway orders
• Ensured that all kitchen supplies were well stocked and maintained, and provided kitchen manager with information on low stock situations
Valley Cottage High School, Valley Cottage, NY | 2011
High School Diploma