When you write a resume to apply for a busser position, you should add each and every detail about your relevant experiences and skills to it.
Take a look at the sample below to get ideas on writing a great resume to apply for a busser job:
Busser Resume Sample
5 Sierra Vista Lane
Valley Cottage, NY 19524
andy.gar @ email . com
A rare combination of customer service orientation, attentiveness, and discipline.
Driven food service professional with over 6 years of experience performing bussing tasks in diverse fine dining environments. Committed to working closely with restaurant staff members to ensure delivery of exceptional services, throughout the shift. Active and organized; able to clear, clean, set, and reset tables according to established protocols.
The Marquette Hotel, Valley Cottage, NY
2017 – Present
• Performed the duties of a server for two back-to-back shifts during instances of increased patron traffic on Easter holidays.
• Introduced a system that provided dynamic alerts when condiments stations ran low on supplies.
• Bus tables and buffets by ensuring that the right type of flatware, dishware, and silverware is placed on them.
• Clear away dirty dishes and linen and ensure that tables are reset before the next set of patrons arrive.
• Assist servers in relaying order information to the kitchen area and following up on orders.
• Provide support in delivering food items to patrons’ tables and serving large orders.
• Server water and welcome drinks, and ensure that patrons’ glasses are refilled as desired by them.
• Set up buffet tables for restaurant events, ensuring that food items are replenished continuously.
Ascertain that condiments and service stations are adequately stocked, and oversee supplies inventory.
• Supervise janitorial staff to ensure constant cleanliness and sanitization of assigned restaurant areas.
Granite Food City, Valley Cottage, NY
2014 – 2017
• Handled food preparation work for three weeks in the absence of a food preparer.
• Successfully bussed five buffet tables in one go for three different events taking place at the restaurant.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen grills, fryers, hot plates, fridges, and ovens.
• Cleaned and maintained surfaces such as counters and floors, following sanitization practices.
• Assisted food preparers in cutting, chopping, and cubing fruits, vegetables, meats, and cheeses.
• Handled portioning duties and expedited both dine-in and takeaway orders.
• Ensured that all kitchen supplies were well stocked and maintained, and provided the kitchen manager with information on low-stock situations.
High School Diploma
Valley Cottage High School, Valley Cottage, NY
– Silverware Rolling – Reservations Assistance
– Restaurant Cleanliness – Buffet Setups
– Order-taking – Inventory Oversight
– Condiments Replenishment – Serving Assistance
– Food Preparation – Stocking