It is easy to write a secretary resume if you know exactly what components it requires. A checklist in this case will help. Here is one to assist you:
• My resume is clear and concise and it makes a positive impression.
• There are no spelling or grammar mistakes in my resume.
• It is on a maximum of 3 pages.
• My qualifications are accurately summarized in it.
• The format is organized and has a balance between content and white space.
• The font size on my resume is not less than 10 and not more than 12 point.
Here is a secretary resume that might help you if you haven’t been able to check all the points in the list:
7330 Lowell Lane ● Middletown, DE 19708 ● (000) 145-2529 ● gina.ful @ email . com
Performance Summary: Extremely motivated and well-organized Secretary with 11+ years’ progressive experience in administrative and secretarial arena. Acknowledged for talents in creating and maintaining a systematized office. A competent individual who efficiently manages calendars, schedules appointments, transcribes dictation and maintains files. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Highly skilled in devising and maintaining office systems with special focus on ensuring organized information
• Exceptionally competent at liaising with staff across several departments and with external contact to ensure continuous flow of information
• Proficient in ordering supplies and maintaining office inventories, focused especially on ensuring availability of supplies and equipment on a constant basis
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• PABX Handling||• Word Processing|
|• Correspondence Management||• Scheduling|
|• Travel Arrangements||• Workload Prioritizing|
|• External Liaison||• Expense Documentation|
|• Inventory Control||• Customer Service|
|• File Systems Control||• Spreadsheet Management|
• Reduced paperwork by 77% by introducing the company to the wonders of electronic correspondence
• Decreased overhead costs by 35000$ by suggesting use of alternative energy resources for the company
• Devised a filing systems that increased information retrieval efficiency by a staggering 98%
• Created liaison with a budget travelling company, reducing travelling costs for staff members by 50% without compromising on travel quality
USAID, Middletown, DE (6/2012 to Present)
• Devise and maintain filing and inventory systems by following standards set by the company
• Ascertain that all confidential information is properly stored and handled
• Perform scheduling duties according to specific instruction provided by executives
• Manage executives’ travelling arrangements by contacting air ticket dealers and hotels
• Respond to inquiries over the telephone, email and in person by staying within the confidentiality parameters of the company
AA Company, Middletown, DE (10/2008 to 6/2012)
• Received incoming mail, sorted it and distributed to intended recipients
• Ordered and maintained office supplies such as stationery and equipment
• Organized and stored paperwork and computer-based information in a safe and confidential manner
• Made arrangements for meetings and seminars by following set instructions provided by executive units
Front Desk Representative
Stock Yards, Middletown, DE (1/2005 to 10/2008)
• Greeted customers and visitors and provided them with information regarding the company and its services
• Responded to telephone calls by providing information and transferring them to the required person within the company
• Scheduled meetings and appointments and handled associated follow-up duties
• Created and maintained inventory of office supplies and equipment such as stationery, photocopiers and scanners
• Ascertained the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the reception and waiting areas
50 Hours Training in Office Management and Executive Support – 2004
Community College, Middletown, DE
High School Diploma
Middletown High School, Middletown, DE – 2003
• MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Typing Speed: 45 WPM with accuracy