There is no one right way of writing an entry level resume for a secretary job.
However, there are some best practices and standards that punters recommend that you follow.
Standing out from the crowd using the force of high-quality content in an error-free document is very important.
As is the sequence of information that you put in – from the most important to the least important is how it should be placed.
Unless you are experienced (or in other very rare circumstances), do not write more than a page as a resume. What are you going to write in a long one anyway? Since experience is not something that you are friends with at this time, limiting your resume to one page makes sense.
How you present information is important. Make your resume visually attractive. Do not merge information together. A little white space (read that as proper spacing) will give the reader’s eyes a rest.
Throughout the resume, the formatting has to be consistent. If you have chosen to put a title in bold, do so for the rest of the titles too.
Refrain from using terms like I was responsible for or my responsibilities included. Be clear and concise. Do not bother using pronouns.
For your convenience, here is a sample resume for a secretary – one that you can use for an entry-level position:
Sample Entry Level Secretary Resume with No Experience
376 Mira Monte Road ● Las Vegas, NV 02281 ● (000) 854-7411 ● [Email]
Eager to exceed the expectations of the employer in the role of a Secretary.
Well-organized individual with a strong background in providing clerical and administrative support to executives. Well-versed in coordinating and implementing office procedures and providing support to special projects.
• Proficient in dealing with telephone and email inquiries in sync with the company’s procedures and protocols.
• Adept at creating and maintaining effective filing and record-keeping systems.
• Focused on prioritizing workload by analyzing the importance of each task.
• Competent at liaising with external agencies such as vendors and travel agents to ensure operational smoothness of the office.
ST PETER’S HIGH SCHOOL, Las Vegas, NV – 2015
High School Diploma
|• Transcription||• Data Entry||• Vendor relations|
|• Telephone Conduct||• Correspondence Handling||• Customer services|
|• Inventory Management||• Social Perceptiveness||• Scheduling|
• Handled official correspondence needs by taking dictation and transcribing verbal information.
• Created and maintained liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of office supplies and equipment.
• Maintained paper and electronic filing and record-keeping systems.
• Responded to inquiries for information regarding school schedules, policies, and admissions.
• Handled photocopying, printing and scanning needs of office employees.
• Performed data entry duties to ensure that school database systems are updated regularly.
• MS Word and Excel
• Typing Speed: 55 WPM with accuracy
Strong professional references available