Job Description of Meter Reader for Resume
Meter readers usually work with utility companies. They read electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters and record the volume used through a hand-held device or manually. Moreover, they inspect the meters and their connections for any fault or break and inform the department or repair and maintenance workers with the information essential to fix damaged meters.
Job opportunities for Meter Readers are expected to be good because of the requirement to replace workers leaving the job.
Look at the following sample which will guide you how to write a good resume for a meter reader position. Also, include a meter reader cover letter to support your resume.
Note: Candidates having no experience can modify the qualifications and experience sections accordingly.
Meter Reader Resume Sample
3 Example Street, Houston, TX 35254
☏ (999) 999-9999 ✉ john @ email . com
Dynamic and industrious professional seeking a position as a meter reader with Houston Electric Company utilizing:
• Over 3 years’ experience in reading digital, manual and needle meters
• Demonstrated ability to handle routine customer contacts in a agreeable and polite manner
• Neat appearance and professional attitude
• Track record of working effectively without supervision
• Texas meter reader license
Meter Reader | Atmos Energy – Bryan, TX | 2008 – 2010
• Read domestic, commercial and industrial customers’ gas meters
• Recorded digital, dial and counter readings for billing purpose
• Recorded reasons and gave remarks for no-readings
• Changed billing charts as needed
• Reset and resealed demand meters and meter enclosures as per instructions
• Reported unusual and dangerous conditions to management in keeping with established procedures and reported any crisis conditions to supervision right away
• Performed other associated duties as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Operator Qualification program for Meter Reader
• Good mathematical skills
• Ability to communicate with internal and external customers so as to get and provide basic types of accurate information
• Basic computer skills for data entry, reference and recovery tasks
• Visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers perfectly and recording them for billing purposes
• Able to work effectively in an extreme temperatures of outdoor environment
• Capable of lifting and moving objects up to 40 pounds
• Able to walk extensively to check meters and operation of hand and mechanical equipment
Strong references available on request