There is a thing that you cannot ignore when writing either a sales associate resume or a sales associate cover letter, i.e. Skills.
Skills are essential regardless of which job application document you are preparing.
If you fail to mention your skills as a sales associate wouldn’t it be unfair to expect a prospective employer to hire you or ask you to come for an interview?
What information have you given to him that will bring an interview?
Only education and experience. While these two hold a lot of importance, they are not sufficient to convince an employer to hire you.
Let us take an example to determine why you need to mention sales associate skills. Imagine that you are applying for a sales associate position. Would your degree in sales and claims of “working outstandingly” in a previous position work?
On a scale of 1 to 10, these will stand at 3 which is indeed not good enough. You need at least an 8 to be considered a good choice.
Some parts of the remaining 5 will depend on how you write your accomplishments – the rest on what you have to say about your skills for that particular job. Does that make sense? Good!
Talking of sales skills, here is a list of critical skills that you will need in order to work well (and be considered for) in a sales associate resume:
Key Hard Skills for a Sales Associate
• Highly effective in meeting sales targets by ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer services and translating inquiries into purchases.
• Resourceful and self-confident with an inherent desire to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through the delivery of extraordinary sales support services.
• Demonstrated expertise in assessing customers’ needs and ensuring that they are addressed accurately.
• Deep insight into actively seeking out customers, convincing them to buy products, and providing them with accurate product demonstrations.
• Experienced in answering customers’ questions and servicing requests enthusiastically, aimed at converting them into regular patrons.
• Adept at cultivating successful relationships with customers by completing all transactions quickly and efficiently.
• Proficient in leading social media sales initiatives by employing exceptional expertise in handling virtual sales.
• Competent at preparing merchandise for display and assisting with visual merchandising efforts to ensure product visibility.
• Exceptional suggestive selling skills, aimed at meeting both the store’s and self-sales targets, by following company policies.
• Focused on providing exceptional aftersales services with the intention of ensuring repeat business opportunities and return business.
• Able to handle research activities about competitors’ products and services and providing accurate feedback, aimed at upping the store’s standard in customer service delivery.