Room attendants are employed by hotels, restaurants and private homes. They take care for of rooms, and keep the assigned area clean, neat and ready for guests.
The duties of a room attendant include:
• Replacing stocks of guest supplies like shampoo and soap
• Changing towels and bed linen
• Replenishing drinks in the mini-bar
• Making beds
• Dusting and polishing furniture
• Vacuuming floors
Below are basic samples of cover letter and resume for a room attendant position.
Room Attendant Cover Letter Sample
551 8th Street
Edmonton, AB E9R 3W9
April 16, 2018
Ms. Ana Davis
Wild Dinner House
764 Ada Blvd.
Edmonton, AB Y7V 6U7
Dear Ms. Davis:
I am very interested in joining your hotel as a Room Attendant, an opportunity which was advertised on your website yesterday. Your job description perfectly relates to my qualifications and experiences.
As noted on my resume, I am highly skilled in cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness. I am rapid on my feet, quick to keeping tables dirt free and organized, able to manage supplies in sequence, and always ready to provide water, bread and butter and other necessary room services.
Furthermore, I have a proven ability to communicate in English and French. A self-starting and proactive individual with cool temperament. My knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and ability to operate various cleaning equipment makes me an exceptional candidate for this position.
As a competent and highly-motivated Room Attendant, I would like to meet with you personally to discuss this position in detail. I will call you next week to follow-up and possibly arrange an interview. You may call me at (000) 321-3003 in the interim.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Room Attendant Resume Sample
551 Example Street, Edmonton, AB E9R 3W9
(000) 321-3003, [Email Address]
Offering great skills in hospitality, cleaning and customer service arena to outperform in an organized manner.
• Over 11 years of a successful track record as a room attendant
• Highly skilled in cleaning and sanitizing rooms and lobbies
• Able to take orders from guests timely and efficiently
• Enthusiastic to work in the day, night and weekend shifts
• Computer: MS Office Word and Excel
• Dynamic personality and a friendly attitude
• Outstanding people skills
• Able to lift more than 40 pounds
• Bilingual: English and French
Star Hotels & Resorts – Edmonton, AB | May 2009 – Present
• Stock and systematize cleaning cart and linen closets on assigned floors
• Perform laundry operations and cleaning duties
• Clean bathroom, restroom and bedroom areas in compliance with the established standards
• Perform other assigned tasks
ABC Bar – Calgary, AB | July 2006 – May 2009
• Made beds and changed linen
• Replenished guest amenities and supplies
• Removed garbage from rooms and lobby
• Reported problems, and lost and found articles to the supervisor
• Cleaned and maintained the overall look of guest rooms
• Mopped and waxed floors
• Swept and vacuumed floors and carpets
• Cleaned and dusted appliances and furniture
• Brushed, dusted and polished fixtures
• Cleaned tubs, showers, sinks and lavatory items
High School Diploma • Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB – 2005
Last updated on