Room attendants are employed by hotels, restaurants, and private homes. They take care of rooms, as well as keep the assigned area clean, neat, and ready for guests. Some typical duties of a room attendant include:
- Replacing stocks of guest supplies like shampoo and soap
- Changing towels and bed linen
- Replenishing drinks in the mini-bar
- Making beds
- Dusting and polishing furniture
- Vacuuming floors
Below are basic samples of a cover letter and resume for a room attendant position.
Room Attendant Cover Letter Sample
November 11, 2020
Ms. Ana Davis
64 Ada Blvd.
Edmonton, AB Y7V 6U7
Dear Ms. Davis:
As a self-directed and proactive individual with a cool temperament, I am very interested in joining Pearl Continental as a Room Attendant. As your job description perfectly relates to my qualifications, I feel confident that I am the best candidate.
As noted on my resume, I am highly skilled in:
- Cleaning and stocking guest rooms in order to ensure the high standards of cleanliness.
- Keeping rooms, beds, and tables clean and organized.
- Maintaining supplies
- Providing all kinds of room services
Furthermore, I have a proven ability to communicate in English and Spanish. My knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and the ability to operate various cleaning equipment uniquely qualifies me for this job.
As a competent and highly-motivated Room Attendant, I would like to meet with you to discuss this in detail. I will call you next week intending to follow-up and arrange an interview. You may call me at (000) 321-3003 in the interim.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Room Attendant Resume Sample
551 Example Street, Edmonton, AB E9R 3W9
Offers exceptional hospitality, cleaning, and customer service skills.
- Over 13 years of a successful track record as a room attendant
- Highly skilled in cleaning and sanitizing rooms and lobbies
- Able to take orders from guests timely and efficiently
- Enthusiastic about working in the day, night, and weekend shifts
- Computer: MS Office Word and Excel
- Dynamic personality and a friendly attitude
- Outstanding people skills
- Able to lift more than 40 pounds
- Bilingual: English and French
Star Hotels & Resorts – Edmonton, AB
May 2014 – Present
- Stock and systematize cleaning cart and linen closets on assigned floors
- Perform laundry operations and cleaning duties
- Clean bathroom, restroom, and bedroom areas in compliance with the established standards
- Dust appliances and furniture
- Brush and polish fixtures
- Clean tubs, showers, sinks, and lavatory items
ABC Bar – Calgary, AB
July 2006 – May 2014
- Made beds and changed linen
- Replenished guest amenities and supplies
- Removed garbage from rooms and lobby
- Reported problems, and lost and found articles to the supervisor
- Cleaned and maintained the overall look of guest rooms
- Mopped and waxed floors
- Swept and vacuumed floors and carpets
High School Diploma
Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB