In order to ensure that your resume for the Retail Sales position is read by an employer (and not filed away for “future”), you need to make sure that it contains trustworthy information in it.
The chances are that when a prospective employer picks up your resume, he will judge you by the first paragraph (or sentence) that s/he reads.
This may not sound fair, but recruiters have so many resumes to go through that it becomes impossible to get into the depth of each one.
Since this is the case, you must make sure that you write a compelling and influencing summary of qualifications.
So what can you possibly write in summary of qualifications for a position in retail sales?
You can highlight your customer service skills, your knowledge of the retail world, and your experience in handling high-volume work.
The following are some examples that you can refer to when writing your Summary of Qualifications / Performance Summary section of your resume for a retail sales position:
Related: Retail Sales Cover Letter
Summary of Qualifications for Retail Sales Resume
1. Highly motivated sales professional with a solid track record of exceptional performance in retail businesses. Recognized for exceeding sales goals and transferring secret sales to other members of the staff. A persuasive communicator and self-confident negotiator with strong customer service abilities.
2. Energetic and focused Retail Sales Associate with 11+ years of hands-on experience in handling sales analysis and reporting activities. Competent at retail merchandising strategies, market research, and trend analysis along with a solid background in handling account acquisition and management activities in a challenging retail sales arena.
3. Top-performing retail sales executive with two decades of successful track record. Known for sustaining revenue and profit gains in highly adverse market situations. Strong negotiation skills coupled with outstanding problem-solving capabilities and an aptitude for clients’ needs assessments.
4. An accomplished individual with a solid background in key account acquisition and retention along with handling lead generation activities in a highly potent manner. Exceptional customer relationship management acumen and sales team training and supervision expertise.
5. Proactive team player with extensive experience in handling the demands of a high-volume retail setting. Highly experienced in handling market share growth and sales analysis activities with a great focus on providing exceptional leadership.
Entry-Level Retail Sales Summary for Resume
6. Recent graduate with demonstrated strengths and proven ability to manage high volume work in a sales-oriented environment. Well organized with a great penchant for meeting sales goals. Able to think out of the box. Competent at sales and market research and competitive intelligence.