Grocery baggers are usually known as courtesy clerks as an authorized job title.
They are usually employed by large supermarkets and may spend their whole work day in providing customer service and bagging grocery items of custoers. In smaller stores, they usually have more diverse job duties.
When writing a resume for grocery bagger position, you should emphasize on your job related skills. The skills section might be included immediately after your objective or summary statement.
Following are a number of skills which employers want to see in a Grocery Bagger or Courtesy Clerk Resume.
• Competent at bagging goods to the parked vehicles of customers
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to stand, walk, and move about for 75% of a shift
• Able to write simple correspondence
• Friendly and gregarious attitude
• Proven capability of lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling equipment
• Good listening skills
• Great attention to detail
• Particularly effective in lifting and carrying up-to 45 lbs
• Well verses in delivering accurate information to customers and co-workers
• Basic mathematical skills
• Demonstrated ability to apply rational understanding to perform detailed instructions
• Record of coping with problems effectively
• Outstanding capacity of transferring products by means of automatic equipment such as pallet jack
• Willing to take part in required training and to work with the team to boost customer satisfaction and sales
• Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short communication, and memos