When making the skills section of a bartender resume, read the advertisement and job description carefully and underline relevant keywords to include in skills, attributes, abilities, and/or qualifications section of your resume. If an employer is looking for somebody who has hospitality skills, customer focused, innovative, punctual, and attentive to detail, you should use similar words in the skills/qualifications section of your resume.
Following are some sample qualifications and skills statements for a bartender resume. You may use 5 to 6 phrases either in the ‘Summary of Qualifications’ or ‘Skills’ section your resume which are most relevant to job description.
• Competent at checking identification of customers to verify age requirements
• Skilled in cleaning glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
• Documented success in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks to guests in keeping with employer’s specifications
• Proven ability to assess, anticipate and meet multiple guests’ requirements simultaneously while maintaining high standards of quality
• Hands-on experience in keeping the bar stocked and sanitized
• Able to adhere to state and company standards for serving beverages
• Known for providing true hospitality and guest services
• Demonstrated ability to help guests in choosing menu items, taking orders and making guests feel taken care of throughout their visit
• Special talent for adapting to different personalities of guests and co-workers without losing attention
• Adept at balancing cash receipts, generating bills and collecting money for food/drinks served
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: POS System, Internet, Email