Porters work in hotels, warehouses, hotels, airports, railway stations and dock yards.
They perform manual labor, housekeeping and general maintenance tasks. Their major duty is to carry luggage and accompany guests to their rooms.
They might be known as Bellhop, Luggage Attendant or Hotel Doorkeeper.
Below is a good resume example for a porter which contains all the information and keywords which are require to build a great resume for porter position.
You may use this sample as a template by customizing it as per employer’s requirements.
See also: Porter Resume Sample 2
Porter Resume Sample
98 Example Street | Aberdeen, MD 98777 | (000) 000-5241 | Email
Guest service-oriented and friendly Porter with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in general maintenance and housekeeping arena. Proven record of handling repair and maintenance tasks of the property in order to enhance and maintain its appearance. Able to operate complex tools and machinery used in housekeeping.
• Physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy luggage
• Maintains accurate records and detailed information about work done
• Well versed in performing maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
• Comprehensive knowledge of different kinds of cleaning chemicals
• Profound ability to learn new equipment’s functionality
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Customer Service||• Minor Repairs||• Luggage Transportation|
|• Premise Cleanliness||• Trash Management||• Supplies Management|
|• Landscaping||• Paint/Touch ups||• Communication|
• Keep the warehouse passageways, office and landscaping clean by using the proper equipment
• Pull products out of the slot with an electric pallet jack
• Pick up and dispose trash, sweep and polish floors and clean work area with the appropriate supplies and a scrubber
• Clean restrooms with a bleach-based cleaner
• Sanitize break areas and offices
• Perform minor repair tasks, replace lightbulbs and window screens if required
• Clean airconditioner vents and replace filters if needed
• Maintain pool area
• Perform light painting and housekeeping duties
• Adhere to all state issued guidelines and company policies regarding safety
• Setup and cleaned conference room, tables, chairs and carpets
• Cleaned and maintained rooms
• Restocked kitchen supplies for all pantries
• Prepared early morning coffee in pantry
• Ensured proper supplies are obtainable for meetings
• Replenished cleaning supplies
• Picked up all trash in rooms, pantries, work stations and offices on designated floors
• Performed a variety of routine maintenance such as changing light bulbs
• Maintained copier areas so that they are sanitary and arranged
• Cleaned and maintained pantries and kitchens
EDUCATION AND LICENSE
G.E.D | City School, Aberdeen, MD – 2009
Maryland Sytate Current Driver’s License
• Excellent time management skills
• Proven ability to follow orders and work independently
• Able to stand and walk throughout shift
• Ability to perform heavy lifting work
• Skilled in MS Word and Excel